Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk me off this ledge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Talk me off this ledge

Besides, you're making great progress toward your goal, and once you hit 700+ there will be much better offers for you-- and those will be real prequals! 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Take it from a guy with 2 BoA cards, you don't want any BoA cards.  The rewards aren't competitive, they are stingy with CLI and they HP for consumer initiated CLI.

agreed ~~~

Message 12 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Their rewards especially on the cash card are very meh unless you spend a ton on gas and/or can get the relationship bonus. Its dubious whether its worth parking 100k plus with them to get more rewards but thats another story.

Point is the card is unimpressive at best. Their rewards as stated are not competitive. There seems to be some use for the travel rewards card from what I gather but its nothing to rush and apply for either.
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Their rewards especially on the cash card are very meh unless you spend a ton on gas and/or can get the relationship bonus. Its dubious whether its worth parking 100k plus with them to get more rewards but thats another story.

Point is the card is unimpressive at best. Their rewards as stated are not competitive. There seems to be some use for the travel rewards card from what I gather but its nothing to rush and apply for either.

The Cash Rewards is fairly useless, but the free $120 from BBR for the year is nice. The relationship bonus makes my TR card better than a Citi DC card (2.25%) for general spending, plus it came with a $100 sign up bonus.

As far as "parking" $100k, I actually have a joint account with a family member to boost me toward $50k. Most of my personal funds are "parked" in Merrill Edge, where I get 30 free trades per month toward my IRA and investment account. Considering that each trade is worth ~$7, this alone makes parking money with BoA worth it.

Message 14 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

For the last year, I've been approved for everything I've app'd for... until Sunday when I was denied by BoA for the AAA Visa.

I had just been approved for a Discover card a few minutes earlier, and since my EX FICO is 708 I figured I'd be safe for the AAA card, even if at a higher APR and low limit, expecially since it's 'co-branded'.  I also had numerous 'suggestions' when I used the BoA pre-qual site.

No dice.  Smiley Sad

The 3% cash back for hotels would have been nice, but it's OK.  Just means it's time to garden for a bit.

(Take my lead, get off that ledge!!)

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

For the last year, I've been approved for everything I've app'd for... until Sunday when I was denied by BoA for the AAA Visa.

I had just been approved for a Discover card a few minutes earlier, and since my EX FICO is 708 I figured I'd be safe for the AAA card, even if at a higher APR and low limit, expecially since it's 'co-branded'.  I also had numerous 'suggestions' when I used the BoA pre-qual site.

No dice.  Smiley Sad

The 3% cash back for hotels would have been nice, but it's OK.  Just means it's time to garden for a bit.

FYI, the Travel Rewards card gives an extra 1.5 points per dollar spent through the BoA travel center, making it 3% on all travel with no relationship bonus.

Message 16 of 18
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

No dice.  Smiley Sad

FYI, the Travel Rewards card gives an extra 1.5 points per dollar spent through the BoA travel center, making it 3% on all travel with no relationship bonus.

That sounds nice, but if they wouldn't approve me for a co-branded card, I think I'll hold off trying for one of their standard cards.

To the OP... get back in that garden!!  I'll be there hanging out for a while myself... 

Message 17 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The 3 percent on travel booked through them definitely makes travel rewards more appealing especially for no fee

But this is supposed to be a discouragement thread lol so OP...just hold off. The cards arent going anywhere. Besides, we dont even know what BOA card they wanted
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.