Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk some sense into me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk some sense into me...

Dilemma: I have 6 CC (including 1 store, 1 gas) and a few months ago in the concorduser center I vowed to not app any more after getting said cards. However, Kohl's has been whispering sweet nothings into my ear and I'm beginning to be swayed. So, do I app or not?

Pros of apping:

1. I want to

2. In 2 weeks I will be going on a planned shopping spree and that 10% off might save me some pretty good money

3. I'm not considering any other cards and would REALLY be done after this one

4. The inq wouldn't hurt me since I'm not getting a house/car for several years

Cons:

1. I promised myself I wouldn't

2. I don't need any more credit

3. I'm not sure if adding a new CC would cause AA on my other accounts

4. I think my credit mix looks pretty good as-is

There you have it. What do I do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Talk some sense into me...

I think that by laying it out, you have answered your own question. You know what to do...get the card. J/K. I would say to leave it alone at this point.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Talk some sense into me...

If you can PIF the shopping spree or there is a teaser rate, get the card.  If you are going to open the card to finance the shopping spree, don't get the card, and don't do the spree.

If you can PIF - 10% on a spree can add up to real money.  Your FICO will come back, always trade excess FICO for cash when you can.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.