Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to Peggy

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Talking to Peggy

I very rarely call any CSR as I generally do everything by email and don't really need much hand holding. That being said, I called Capital One tonight to cancel a MasterCard that I rarely used, a basic Platinum card with a low credit limit ($750). Once past the automated menu I was connected to a USA based CSR who was very professional, friendly (we discussed where I lived in Virginia as his son worked about 10 miles from where I live), and helpful. I told him I wanted to cancel the card and there was no hard sell, no pressure, just a question of why? I said low limit, high APR (22.9%) and the card had an annual fee ($36 a year paid at $3 a month). I have two other Capital One cards, 1 rewards MC and a Sony Visa card (no AF, higher limits and lower APR).

Basically I said the card no longer fit my needs and he said "I can understand that". The card was closed ($00 balance, I always PIF every month anyway), immediately updated on the web site as closed and I was told that the card would be reported to the CRAs as paid in full - closed by customer, within 30 days. I guess Peggy is on vacation because the guy I got as a Capital One CSR couldn't have been more professional and friendly.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Talking to Peggy

I'm gonna have to assume Peggy was just on her smoke break. I talked to her earlier tonight.Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

I'm gonna have to assume Peggy was just on her smoke break. I talked to her earlier tonight.Smiley Frustrated

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

HA HA HA HA!!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

I very rarely call any CSR as I generally do everything by email and don't really need much hand holding. That being said, I called Capital One tonight to cancel a MasterCard that I rarely used, a basic Platinum card with a low credit limit ($750). Once past the automated menu I was connected to a USA based CSR who was very professional, friendly (we discussed where I lived in Virginia as his son worked about 10 miles from where I live), and helpful. I told him I wanted to cancel the card and there was no hard sell, no pressure, just a question of why? I said low limit, high APR (22.9%) and the card had an annual fee ($36 a year paid at $3 a month). I have two other Capital One cards, 1 rewards MC and a Sony Visa card (no AF, higher limits and lower APR).

Basically I said the card no longer fit my needs and he said "I can understand that". The card was closed ($00 balance, I always PIF every month anyway), immediately updated on the web site as closed and I was told that the card would be reported to the CRAs as paid in full - closed by customer, within 30 days. I guess Peggy is on vacation because the guy I got as a Capital One CSR couldn't have been more professional and friendly.

Usually people don't report the pleasant CSR experiences.  And for the unpleasant ones, a fairly large amount of the time, the customer is Peggy shouting at some poor CSR because the customer doesn't understand how something is supposed to work on his/her account. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.