Regular Contributor
KeithW

Target Authorized User Question...

My wife has had a target card for quite a few years without any late payments so I had her add me as an authorized user in order to get the account on my CR. Here is what confuses me though. She said they didn't ask for any information other than my name, which they got wrong on the card and she had to request a new corrected card. So they don't have my address, since the one they have on file for her is her parents address, and they don't have my SS# or date of birth. How in the world can they update my credit report with such limited information?

Current Score: FICO EQ637-TU690-EX704
Wallet: Cap One Rew. $3500, Cap One Plat. $2000, Barclay $3000, Old Navy Visa $2500, HSBC $1500, Credit One $1800, BoA $3000, Chase Freedom $1500, Wal-Mart Discover $2000, Amazon $3100, Lowes $2000, Kay's $7000
Established Contributor
andre181

Re: Target Authorized User Question...

I'm not sure but they do.

My mom is an AU on 3 of my cards and none of them required her SSN, just her name. And all of them have popped up on her CR.

I've heard they do it by address, but we don't live at the same address and haven't for over 6 years, so I really don't know.

Discover IT $24K | FNBO Visa $20K | Citi Forward $12.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $10K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi ThankYou Preferred $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+