Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Auto CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Auto CLI!

Signed into my Target account and they upped my CL by $500.00.  I was originally approved for $200, then got a $300 increase about 3 months later and I've been sitting at $500 for 6 years.  Couldn't believe I finally got another increase.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Auto CLI!

Congrats to you!!!  I had asked about how their CLI works and was told that they very seldom give it and that ppl with excellent credit history are only at the $200 limit. Congrats again!!!

Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

just checked my 4, 3 are $0 as of recently and no CLI on any.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have them scheduled to be paid off and was actually going to cancel the account.  They must have felt it coming!  I was actually quite shocked that I got it.  I've seen a lot of people getting them over the past couple of years but not me.  I guess I feel like I won the lottery!  Ha!  At least when it comes to Target and how often you get a CLi with them.

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have them scheduled to be paid off and was actually going to cancel the account.  They must have felt it coming!  I was actually quite shocked that I got it.  I've seen a lot of people getting them over the past couple of years but not me.  I guess I feel like I won the lottery!  Ha!  At least when it comes to Target and how often you get a CLi with them.

You got my hopes up, Peaches. Mine is still at $200 right at 3 yrs and DW's is at $500 after 3 yrs. Oh well....I didn't think Hell froze over this early.

So negative vibes may hold the key to getting CLIs? I have yet to try that.  *Target computer in the sky...can you hear my thoughts?!*

Message 5 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I checked. Mine is still at $200

Message 6 of 10
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

my is 300 Smiley Sad

>
Message 7 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

Target has gotten really stingy.  I use to have a credit line of $1500.  After the economy went down, my limit was slashed to $1000.  Due to that adverse action, I called them to cut it to $500.  Had the card since 10/2000. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I know the feeling. My card also started at $200 and was increased to $500 a few months later. There it sat for about 3 years as well. Funny thing is my increase was also around the holidays. I want to say it was in November closer to Thanksgiving and was probalby to entice people to spend more $$$ for the holidays. I wouldn't be surprised if they did another round of increases around the holidays particularly since they are doing their new 5% back if you use your target card. Might drum up some more biz for them.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking they did a round of CLI's about this time last year too.  I'm sure it's to boost Holiday sales.  I have no ideal what triggered the increase.  I haven't been using my Target card as much this last year, maybe that had something to do with it.  Or maybe it's just that I've had it so long without an increase.  I'll take them off the chopping block for now. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.