Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Backdoor Number...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Backdoor Number...

Yes I second that motion...Target cc SUX!! I have had this card for the past 2 years also and am stuck at a funky $200 CL..If you do get it don't bother asking for a CLI..You'll be told that it's computer generated..if you get picked then it's like winning the lotto and  if you don't then there's where you'll stay possibly forever.

Message 11 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Target is a little like Von Maur, Kay (not credit lines!!)... They underwrite the credit card themselves. Target has been known to have high limits and use to have a visa... I think similar to ULTRA Conservative Von Maur, they have found that low limits and offering to little lower in the credit score tiers makes them more money and allows them to offer more lines... The card is designed to get the 5% and help people that may not qualify for very much else... similar more to Capital One I guess until here recently... you use it, you get your rewards, but if you decide you want to buy a Bose Home Surround you probably need to work out a different payment plan!

It's very frustrating, believe me, I have 4 Target Cards.... I have only seen a CLI 2 and on the same card from 2008, my other 99 card, 08 card, and an 09 card have not moved!

they came around 3 times I think in better economic times to try to reward some cards but even then as poster above states, felt like the lottery... and really the reps telling you the computers watch, or they review every so often is annoying... i think i would be less irritated if they just said we don't hand CLI, once in a while we see that someone UP HIGHER in company has the computer go through under direct premises to find and up CL's on certain accounts...

the only down to the debit from "What I hear" is that you may be limited on purchase (like the nordstrom debit) because really you will most likely be out of store and gone before they will know if something is not going to go through and many i feel have posted about getting a HP to set up debit, I rather have a $200 credit card for that HP then a debit which won't report to credit report.

Message 12 of 19
rob3gd
Established Member

I can't express how much I hate Target Red Card. I can't understand what the reps are saying, they won't increase the limit what-so-ever, and the limit for most people is way to low (mine is at $200, since 2010). Funny, because Target tends to cater more towards the middle and upper-middle class, so you would think that they would be more generous in their credit offerings. Walmart caters more towards the working class, and yet, is very generous with CLI. I started off with $500 in 2010 and Im now at $3300. I would shop more at Target, but since Walmart is more generous, its where I go.

Message 13 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@rob3gd wrote:

I can't express how much I hate Target Red Card. I can't understand what the reps are saying, they won't increase the limit what-so-ever, and the limit for most people is way to low (mine is at $200, since 2010). Funny, because Target tends to cater more towards the middle and upper-middle class, so you would think that they would be more generous in their credit offerings. Walmart caters more towards the working class, and yet, is very generous with CLI. I started off with $500 in 2010 and Im now at $3300. I would shop more at Target, but since Walmart is more generous, its where I go.

It's a credit model that has brought them billions so they are pretty stuck in the way.... I get it from that point of view, BUT... I would say they do take some bad press and do loose some good customers due to the credit model they run... similar to capital one I think, they seem to cater to a lower credit model but yet a little higher customer (sometimes) but yet fail to monitor that peoples credit changes and the card should too! I don't really think they monitor or review accounts at all... If that was true, wouldn't you think my account from 1999 would have been closed at least twice now when I filed my Chapter 7, or my Chapter 13?  I have had scores below 500 during different periods througthout those years and I have been in 700's too.... maybe they just feel if they are not included and the limit is low enough, they leave it!

I know Discover will do that ($500)

Amex seems to too (sometimes)

Message 14 of 19
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Worst credit card i've ever had along with the worst customer service. $200 limit for 6 years...yeah okay. Only reason I've kept this card open is the no fee's. They have the debit card version which links to your checking account and provides the same benefits that the credit card does.

Message 15 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Fwiw, the Target Debit card has reports of sps &hps.
My line of thought is: if they can't provide a decent credit product to me (I'd settle for $1000 limit vs the $300 I closed after a year+) then why on earth would I want a debit version? LOL eh.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 19
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@Carlile92 wrote:
7 to 10 day message without having a fraud alert usually means denied source being me appled 4 times same message every time

Not true, I got that message but was approved.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 17 of 19
tiznaki

I also got the 7 day message. I was then approved for $400 and after charging close to 80% over a few months I paid it off. The next month I was suddenly increased to $2000 limit. lol Been sitting there for over a year.
Message 18 of 19
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

Does anyone have a backdoor number for the Target store card?  My fiance applied for the card in-store, but got the 7-10 message; it's been a couple of weeks since he applied, but hasn't received the letter of declination or a card.

Thanks for any help!  Smiley Wink

I have NEVER seen a post where anyone has had any luck dealing with Target. Good luck to you, though!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.