Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Backdoor Number...

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Target Backdoor Number...

Does anyone have a backdoor number for the Target store card?  My fiance applied for the card in-store, but got the 7-10 message; it's been a couple of weeks since he applied, but hasn't received the letter of declination or a card.

Thanks for any help!  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Backdoor Number...

Not sure if you checked the sticky http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066 but there is a Target Biz number posted. Maybe try calling them to see if they can direct you to the consumer line? Good luck.

Message 2 of 19
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

They do not recon no matter what I was denied due to inquries only and called every target number imaginable every time I got we do not do recons
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 3 of 19
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

Does anyone have a backdoor number for the Target store card?  My fiance applied for the card in-store, but got the 7-10 message; it's been a couple of weeks since he applied, but hasn't received the letter of declination or a card.

Thanks for any help!  Smiley Wink

i left 3 weeks of gardening and applied in the store, and got what I consider a worse slap down than a 7-10 message, I was approved. But its for my lowest CL ever, $200. Wife shops there and has several perscriptions there so I figured the 5% discount would be good.

I'm not alone in getting these limits, but lately I have been getting $500+ limits, in December I got an AMEX Blue with 6k limit, and another store card with a 500 limit. in December I also got a walmart card with a $900 CL.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 19
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Carlile92 wrote:
They do not recon no matter what I was denied due to inquries only and called every target number imaginable every time I got we do not do recons

He's not getting a recon, he's trying to find out whether he was approved or not; he never got anything in the mail, and the thought of someone possibly stealing the card if he was approved is worrying him.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 5 of 19
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

7 to 10 day message without having a fraud alert usually means denied source being me appled 4 times same message every time
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied in Target store last year and approved for credit card as also wanted 5% off everything in store. This year when I made my credit card payment at guest services an employee told me that Target has a debit card that could be linked to my checking account. Stated that the Target debit card gives you 5% off of everything without having to worry about bills as money comes right out of your account when you make your purchases. I'm considering applying for the Target debit card.

Message 7 of 19
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Target CSR No.866-225-7041.

Message 8 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Yeah...they declined me due to inquires. I couldn't find a number so I wrote a letter...still nothing.

Eff 'em...I'll go to Walmart..lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The Target card sucks...

you don't want it anyway....

btw, did they use his driver's license for the address??

if so, was the addy correct?

they may have used a wrong address.

:-(

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.