Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Blacklists

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Blacklists

Just thought other people in the same situation would like to know. If you included Target in your bankruptcy don't waste your time applying for a new account. I put in an application and called to check the status, the team member told me due to the way the previous account was handled (discharged in chapter 7) they could not open a new account. The good news they didn't even pull a credit report so didn't get hit with the inquiry at least. When I inquired as to a time frame when I might be able to apply and be approved she said never at this time under their policies. I only had 500 on the account in my bankruptcy. Thought others would like to know but then again your mileage may vary.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haiti222
Contributor

Re: Target Blacklists

I'm in the same boat as you. You can get the Check Card and get 5% off all your purchases.

Message 2 of 7
zan987
New Contributor

Good Information to know.  I was about to apply.  Thanks! 

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

That's 100% correct. I asked about when I was looking to apply again. Target keeps a black list and the agent basically that I would never get another Target card.  I included a Target Visa in my Ch7.  Now that may change since Target is looking to sell their credit division. Hopefully the company that buys it will be bankruptcy friendly.

In the meantime, I'm simply using a Target debit card and still get my 5% discount.

Message 4 of 7
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have any experience if you just had a charge off with them?

Message 5 of 7
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

That's 100% correct. I asked about when I was looking to apply again. Target keeps a black list and the agent basically that I would never get another Target card.  I included a Target Visa in my Ch7.  Now that may change since Target is looking to sell their credit division. Hopefully the company that buys it will be bankruptcy friendly.

In the meantime, I'm simply using a Target debit card and still get my 5% discount.

Sweet. Maybe during the transition we'll finally see some CLIs. HSBC members have been as fortunate during the Capital One acquisition.

Message 6 of 7
Mortgage_Quest
Valued Member

I also have a paid Charge Off with them from 2007 anyone know if the Black List applies to charge offs?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.