Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLD = Account Closed

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Target CLD = Account Closed

@arkane wrote:

What about the debit card? Could be a good alternative to having an extra, unwanted tradeline you rarely use if you don't shop at Target much. I guess the "risk" is you'd have to link it to your checking account, but you can just put the bare minimum of funds in there. 

It's funny you should mention that. Everytime I tried to use the store credit card or the new mastercard the clerk insisted they needed a pin #. I was never able to use it in  person because they said it had a pin which it did not. I used it online only and it worked great that way. The clerks at my local Target are idiots. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target reminds me of Service Merchandise, Brendles, SEARS and all the other stores that everyone knew would go out of business.

I go there maybe once a year.  At one point it was for lower middle class women who thought they were higher class because they would not step into a Wal-Mart.  "I drive a Cadillac Escalade, not a Chevrolet Suburban".

Message 22 of 33
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Target reminds me of Service Merchandise, Brendles, SEARS and all the other stores that everyone knew would go out of business.

I go there maybe once a year.  At one point it was for lower middle class women who thought they were higher class because they would not step into a Wal-Mart.  "I drive a Cadillac Escalade, not a Chevrolet Suburban".

Haha!! I know someone like that. I can't be sure she isn't on this board so I won't say who it is but I got tired of hearing how her Kroger was a Kroger Signature, not a regular Kroger. She couldn't even pronounce "Wal-Mart". It always came out "Poor people store" lol. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 23 of 33
marty56
Super Contributor

DW and I shop at Wal-Mart all time.  We buy pet fish there, I like their pizza, and their clothes fit me just as well as the ones you can buy at Nordstroms.  Their meat and veggies taste the same as what you can buy at say HEB.  Don't be a store snob.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 24 of 33
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

They made a business decision to CLD you.

Then you mad a business decision to close them.

All is well Smiley Very Happy I'm happy for you!

Message 25 of 33
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Here ya go. Just found this. But it explains why I did what I did. 

targetcld.JPG

Updated 1-25-18
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:

DW and I shop at Wal-Mart all time.  We buy pet fish there, I like their pizza, and their clothes fit me just as well as the ones you can buy at Nordstroms.  Their meat and veggies taste the same as what you can buy at say HEB.  Don't be a store snob.

I have seen store and job snobs both and hate .   I have two stories. Job Story.  Person hit my car and did not have insurance. They said they did not have pay because they worked as shift supervisor at xzy.  As it turns out xyz was owned by one of my family members. The next day they called into the owner's office. I was there also.  They introduced me, their cousin and said I believe you hit his car.  Gave them two options 1) pay up 2) loose job.  The look was priceless.   Much ealier in grade school a former  friend refused to ride in my mother's car because it was NOT a Cadilac it was just an Oldsmobile. My mother was in shock. The boy's fathr worked for my father.  That is up til that  day.  Kid had to withdraw next quarter from prep/church school as his parents could not afford it any more since dad was now unemployed.  

Dw and I shop at a variety of stores Walmart, Nordstrom, T J Max, Brooks Brothers and know we give Amex and others  mixed signals.  We like saving money. 

Just as a side if you know know who Don Dayton is.  The joke was Mr. Dayton bought a new car every year.  That's right a new Car a new chevy Impala. His family owned target. He could buy anything. 

Message 27 of 33
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

I have seen store and job snobs both and hate .   I have two stories. Job Story.  Person hit my car and did not have insurance. They said they did not have pay because they worked as shift supervisor at xzy.  As it turns out xyz was owned by one of my family members. The next day they called into the owner's office. I was there also.  They introduced me, their cousin and said I believe you hit his car.  Gave them two options 1) pay up 2) loose job.  The look was priceless.   Much ealier in grade school a former  friend refused to ride in my mother's car because it was NOT a Cadilac it was just an Oldsmobile. My mother was in shock. The boy's fathr worked for my father.  That is up til that  day.  Kid had to withdraw next quarter from prep/church school as his parents could not afford it any more since dad was now unemployed.  

Dw and I shop at a variety of stores Walmart, Nordstrom, T J Max, Brooks Brothers and know we give Amex and others  mixed signals.  We like saving money. 

Just as a side if you know know who Don Dayton is.  The joke was Mr. Dayton bought a new car every year.  That's right a new Car a new chevy Impala. His family owned target. He could buy anything. 

I'm all for teaching snobs a lesson, but this honestly felt very petty (and retaliatory) to me. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 28 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

I'm for all teaching snobs a lesson, but this honestly felt very petty (and retaliatory) to me. 

What, you mean because a grade school kid acts in a stupid way you shouldn't immediately fire the father?

Message 29 of 33
arkane
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@arkane wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

I'm for all teaching snobs a lesson, but this honestly felt very petty (and retaliatory) to me. 

What, you mean because a grade school kid acts in a stupid way you shouldn't immediately fire the father?

Good catch, now it just got even sadder.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.