Did you mean: 

Target CLI Policy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target CLI Policy

@FinStar wrote:

@junior88 wrote:
There was no mention of a credit pull and they didn't read the disclosure about it either. Anyway, they can try and pull my report but they are all frozen now.

It's best to always ask (whether they know or don't know it's another thing).  Keep in mind, if you are requesting a CLI, it's an extension of credit so any reviews for such can constitute permissible purpose without having to tell you that up front.  Updated income is also requested.

I just called REDcard again. They said there is no credit pull at all. She said that they just review updated incomes and usage/pay history... Hopefully that's true!

Message 11 of 55
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@junior88 wrote:

Just an FYI. I just got off the phone with them. You can request an increase now, all they ask for is your gross monthly income and then an area reviews it. She said I should be seeing a CLI no problem. I'm at $600 now.

Thank you for the update. I received a letter from the EO basically stating that "grandfathered in" customers do not qualify for CLI. In order words, you can close the old one and apply for the new one. It is interesting that they are allowing customer for CLI. I have this Target Visa Card since 1997 and the only reason I haven't closed it because  is my second oldest card I have in my report.

This is nuts.  Well, I guess I'll keep plugging away at my $200 limit since 1998.  They make Valero look generous.

Message 12 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I was looking on their site for an option to request a CLI last week. I started at $3k two years ago. I wonder if it's worth trying. I had the balance up close to that in the first year. Now I only put a few hundred on it most months. It's always PIF before the statement closes each month.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 55
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

I was looking on their site for an option to request a CLI last week. I started at $3k two years ago. I wonder if it's worth trying. I had the balance up close to that in the first year. Now I only put a few hundred on it most months. It's always PIF before the statement closes each month.

I gave up years ago.  I'm convinced they pick accounts out of a hat for CLI.  I'd love to have a $3k limit from them.

Message 14 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I have no clue how I started with that. It was my highest CL at the time. I just stared at the girl when she told me how much it was and had to ask how much a second time to make sure. Then I danced around like Snoopy. 

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 55
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@masscredit wrote:

I have no clue how I started with that. It was my highest CL at the time. I just stared at the girl when she told me how much it was and had to ask how much a second time to make sure. Then I danced around like Snoopy. 

Did you apply in store?  They tend to give better limits at the register than online apps.

Message 16 of 55
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

Did you apply in store?  They tend to give better limits at the register than online apps.

Yes. I had some shopping to do so I stopped by customer service to apply.

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 17 of 55
stephamilly208
Established Member

I called to cancel my Target card a couple of week ago, and the rep kept asking me why I wanted to close it. I eventually told him that with my small limit, I didn't like maxing it out every time I wanted to shop at Target. He said if you will keep the card open and give me your income, I will put in for a CLI for you. Today, I checked my account and they bumped the limit $500. Not much but I will take it.

Message 18 of 55
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I spend about 2k a month a target for food supplies etc for my family and I have done so for the last 6-7 years having the card. I was one of the fortunate one's who got the bump from $200 to $500 then to $1000 maybe because of my usage but it's been stuck there for 6 years. I just called and spoke to a rep and for the first time I didn't get angry Smiley Happy she updated my income and told me that I would get reviewed monthly. Something is better than nothing. This account is one of my oldest but its on the chopping block.

Message 19 of 55
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@junior88 wrote:
There was no mention of a credit pull and they didn't read the disclosure about it either. Anyway, they can try and pull my report but they are all frozen now.

It's best to always ask (whether they know or don't know it's another thing).  Keep in mind, if you are requesting a CLI, it's an extension of credit so any reviews for such can constitute permissible purpose without having to tell you that up front.  Updated income is also requested.

I just called REDcard again. They said there is no credit pull at all. She said that they just review updated incomes and usage/pay history... Hopefully that's true!

guess i am still locked out of CLI's since, there customer service is getting worse, and with a $200 CL, its not like I am going out of my way to shop at Target, so the card may see a $40 purchase every 2 or 3 months which is paid off the same week, who wants to use more than 30% of the CL to shop at target, the only reason it lives unshredded is the 5% discount  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.