Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLI Policy

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target CLI Policy

@B335is wrote:

You all made me go check my account.  Nope, still massive $200 limit for 16 years lol. 

Massive indeed!  Look at Creditaddict's Target collection...not 1, not 2, but 3!!  So what keeps you from closing it?  Other than established history.

Message 41 of 55
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

You talked me out of telling them where to go with $200 CL, Finstar Smiley Tongue
Message 42 of 55
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

Until they start showing signs that they are more customer friendly with increases I wouldn't bother getting this card.

That is exactly the reason why I got the Target RED debit card. No cut in AAoA and no problem with util due toy limit no high APR but it comes with FREE shipping and 5%. This is all I care about on this card anyhow. Smiley Happy

Isn't it scary to give Target access to your checking account? Hopefully Target doesn't get hacked again, because a lot of the RED debit card users got their bank accounts drained, while the Target CCs were unaffected.

No.. just use a secondary checking account. Still hope I never have to experience their 0 fraud liablility Smiley Happy  ....for the moment I am way more concerned about "contactless payment"   ..for the past 8 months I have been using PayPass heavily.

Message 43 of 55
rbon
New Contributor

I too logged in yesterday to see an increase from $300 to $800. I think they are doing it for the holidays. Nice to get the increase though.
Message 44 of 55
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

No.. just use a secondary checking account. Still hope I never have to experience their 0 fraud liablility Smiley Happy  ....for the moment I am way more concerned about "contactless payment"   ..for the past 8 months I have been using PayPass heavily.

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no 0% fraud liability with their debit card. If you report the loss of the card or the fraud with 4 business days you are liable up to $50, $500 if between 5 to 90 business days, or full amount after 90 business days.

Contactless payment is way more secure than you think. NFC (near field communication) means in order for thieve to steal your card info he/she must be standing literally next to you. The range of these RFID chips are increadibly short.

Message 45 of 55
ViaViaVia

Security is theater guys so dont get caught up in the method of transfer. All transation methods are falilble Checks, NFC, Magstripes and Cash. All can be cloned or repeated.

Funny the low tech method of balancing your books to make sure no fraud is commited and to catch it early works best.

Message 46 of 55
pomp2

I just logged into my account today and noticed that I had a $500 cli. I went from $300 to $800 and I have had the card 6 months as of this month.

My Wallet: Secured Cap One $500 / 1st Premier $550 / Verve $500 / Secured Discover It $300/ Cap One Plat $1750 / Sony visa $2000 / Walmart $650 / JCP $1300 / Amazon store Card $1100 / Target $800 / Kay Jeweler $4000 / Bloomingdales $1000 / Macy's $800 / Nordstrom $1000/ Kohls $700/ VS $1050/ J Crew $250/ BonTon $500/ Gardening until 06/16
Message 47 of 55
Snookie517
Established Member

Hi :-)   I have had my target card for 5 or 6 months and was started at a 300 limit ,  logged into my account and am at 800 without requesting a CLI !  So pleasantly surprised there ..... i use my card a bit and never PIF but always pay at least a little over minimum so who knows what they go by !  But these are big strides for me in the credit world lol !  I was bumped from 500 to 2500 on my quicksilver credit steps just this week too !  And was just discharged ch 7 in Feb of this year so this is one happy girl right here Smiley Happy    i really need to learn to garden tho !  Inquiries are not my friend but ive never had access to much credit cuz my ex husband sucked with money so its hard to resist .....

Filed 10/2013 Discharged Ch 7 2/2014 and on my way with an itchy finger !

Capital One secured $500 ( started at $250 then they gave CLI ) , Capital One Quicksilver $2750 ( started at $500 ) , Credit One Platinum $950 ( started at $500) , Target $1000 ( started at $ 300 ) , JCrew $500 (started at $250) , Fingerhut $ 2600 ( started at $ 500 ) Kohl's/Capone $300, BarclayRewards $1000 ( started at $250), Barclay Apple$2400( started at $1500), Merrick Bank $1400 ( started at $700) ,Barclays William Sonoma $5000, PayPal credit $750, Nordstrom $500, Walmart $800, Amazon store card $750, QVC $500, HSN $750, Overstock $250, Tidewater $3000
EXP : 638 EQU : 626 TU: 633

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 590
Goal Score: 660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 55
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have been stuck at 300 dollars for 15 months. just called, a very nice rep. took my annual income and monthly take home salary and said I would receieve a letter in the mail. 

Message 49 of 55
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Hadn't had an increase on this card since 2008. Logged in to see that it was increased by $300. Pretty disappointed, but at the same time happy lol

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.