Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLI Theory May Have some Truth

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target CLI Theory May Have some Truth

It looks like they are relaxing with balances carried. This makes the 2nd month in a row, a small balance reported and each time the statement shows a CLI on DH card. This here is interesting...

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target CLI Theory May Have some Truth

I had a small balance report last month and no CLI. I did not update my income that month though, so that likely was the reason. My statement closes on the 5th, and I have $325 on my card and I updated my income. Will see if they give a CLI.

Message 2 of 18
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I got my RedCard in February and have carried a balance for months. Was at 85% util the last time when it went from $800 to $1300. 

I think accounts in good standing are now on a consistent increase schedule regardless of spend / balances.  Now, the amount of increase and time between increases may depend on those things, I'm not sure. 

My SL was $300 in February. In June I went to $800 and in September I went to $1300

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck, how long have you had the card?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was the schedule for the first 3 CLIs when the card was in it's first year. Same pattern as yours. DHs card is right at a year and a half now. Your increases look like a lot more than his were, but usually we PIF each month. I was testing on letting the balance post and report at the time the statement cut. So far two CLIs have come out of it. Ultimately it's his lowest card now and had been for so long now sitting at $1.7k  outside of a gas card at $1.5k. Target Bank/TD Bank have always been rather conservativ IMO.

Message 5 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Better served in CCs Moving
Message 6 of 18
washpadude
Regular Contributor

My starting CL was 300 in February. My 9th statement cut today and I got an increase to 800. I normally PIF before the statement cuts, but let the balance report this time. Who knows which factor resulted in the increase.
BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 7 of 18
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

I let my balances post from now on.  When I got a CLI in October from $300 to $800, I let $96 post.  Right now, I am at $270 and I updated my income this month.  My statement cuts tomorrow, so we'll see.  I saved about $50 while shopping on Sunday using my card and Cartwheel, so I will definitely be showing my face there more often.

I think they have some computer logarithm they use to grant CLIs.  Talking to people there seems to do nothing.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 8 of 18
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I just got another CLI with like 90% util. It's been every 3 months for me, consistently, regardless of usage and balances and utilization.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like 50 bucks report of my target every month on purpose
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.