Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target CLI - how'd you do it?

tag
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

Target CLI - how'd you do it?

I've had a target cc for just over a year. I've used it several times & always PIF. However, their really low CL keeps me from using it more often. For those of you who got CLI's, how'd you do it? How long did you have the card before the CLI? How often/how much $ did you spend on it in a typical month? After we close on our house, I'd really like to see what I can do to get that limit higher (so I can actually use it!)
Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: Target CLI - how'd you do it?

It seems like the Target card rarely gets increases. I had one backed by Target bank and it was never increased over the years. Now I have the one backed by TD and it hasn't seen an increase. Some people recently reported auto increases. Someone even went to the EO but was told it would take 30 days for a decision. Maybe you can ask the EO for an increase? If you do, please let me know how it works out!
Message 2 of 5
icantsurf
Valued Member

It's weird, I had just logged in to my Target account a few minutes ago and noticed that I had received and auto CLI from 300 to 800. I didn't expect that! I used mine a lot back in March when I first got it, then a little in April and May and then I haven't used it since because of what I have read about how stingy they are about CLIs, I figured, "why bother"? Who knows how they operate.

Starting Score: EX: 678 EQ: 677 TU: 667 03/06/2013
Current Score: EX: 684 EQ: 687 TU: 705 03/31/2014 / Last App: 08/04/2013 / In the Garden Until: 01/04/2013

NPSL           $5000           $3000           $3000           $2500           $2000           $1000            $1000           $1000           
Message 3 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I opened a Target card in 2011 and received an increase a few months after opening.  I continued to use it occasionally until I moved somewhere where Target does not exist and after about a year without use, I received CLD.  So I closed the account.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 5
Katzen
Established Member

They gave me a CLI about a month ago from $500 to $1,000. I don't use the card that much, partially because of the low limit. There were a couple months where I didn't even bother using it. When I use it I usually pay off my balance within a couple days, which is like anywhere from $30-$80 typically. Sometimes I wait for the statement to cut before paying it but usually I don't. I've had the card for almost a year now so I'm pretty surprised/happy with the CLI, I definitely consider myself lucky when I see what other people have as a CL. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.