Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card Application... Multiple Cards

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Target Card Application... Multiple Cards

I have 4 cards already spaced out from 1999-2009... so decided to go for 5 just to see if 1. they would actually give a 5th card and 2. if the limit would be any better with better credit currently.

So got letter it was declined (No Credit Pull) So call in to ask about it, it's on the letter, and she says yes it looks like you have a Target account already and we can only give 1 account.  I said well I have 4!

"UUH, What?

I said I have 4!

"Umm, 4? you have 4?

YES!

Also no CLI at this time - Not requests, they are not reviewing for CLI AT ALL currently... BLAH as usual!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Target Card Application... Multiple Cards

You have the perfect setup for maximum float.   Use each card for a week after it closes and PIF on due date.    Thats about 7 weeks of float, on Target. 

Message 2 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

They suck with the CLI. I've been stuck at $500 for almost 4 years.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

4 cards wow....that sounds like about $800 total combined am I close?
Message 4 of 10
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous's good actually. Ive been stuck @ $200 since 2008

@MsLadyRover wrote:

They suck with the CLI. I've been stuck at $500 for almost 4 years.

Message 5 of 10
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Creditaddict: 

I think you are the ONLY person who has 4 target accounts. LOL!  Approximately, 2 years ago, I tried to get a second store card. I was denied because I already had an account. I wonder how in the world did you get 4 target accounts. Nonetheless, good for you. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TATATA wrote:

Creditaddict: 

I think you are the ONLY person who has 4 target accounts. LOL!  Approximately, 2 years ago, I tried to get a second store card. I was denied because I already had an account. I wonder how in the world did you get 4 target accounts. Nonetheless, good for you. 

LOL, I have no idea, that's why I actually applied for the 5th because it's been like this joke and also a perfect example of how their computer system or reps work on these CLI.  Target was one of my first credit cards I got when I turned 18. So here it goes one more time:

1999 - $200 CLI Auto to $300 after 6 months.... Still open and $300 Today, some how made it through Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, I think because $0 balance at time.

2008 - $200 - Still $200 - also obtained while in Ch 13

2008 - $200 - CLI to $1000 when all were getting them around holidays and then just end of last year CLI to $1500 all Auto... also during ch 13.

2009 - $200 - Still $200 and also during ch 13

Message 7 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@TATATA wrote:

Creditaddict: 

LOL, I have no idea, that's why I actually applied for the 5th because it's been like this joke and also a perfect example of how their computer system or reps work on these CLI.  Target was one of my first credit cards I got when I turned 18. So here it goes one more time:

1999 - $200 CLI Auto to $300 after 6 months.... Still open and $300 Today, some how made it through Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, I think because $0 balance at time.

2008 - $200 - CLI to $1000 when all were getting them around holidays and then just end of last year CLI to $1500 all Auto... also during ch 13.

That's hilarious.  Are they all store cards or are any of them the Target Visa?

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@TATATA wrote:

Creditaddict: 

That's hilarious.  Are they all store cards or are any of them the Target Visa?

Store

Message 9 of 10
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Here is a old link on the $200 limit also Smiley LOL. Whats up with Target. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Target/m-p/486900/highlight/true#M157852

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.