Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card (Not Visa) surprise CLI

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Target Card (Not Visa) surprise CLI

jason_tsongas wrote:

I have absolutely nothing negative on my credit, always PIF, send birthday cards to all top executives at Target, have a small shrine built to the same people, hope and pray... 

Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the forums!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 41 of 58
nicemann
Established Contributor

I log in today to pay my Target bill and see my CL was increased from $500 to $1,000.  So of course I run to the board and I see this tread.  Congrats to the others also!  Not sure when it happened, but it was between the time of the two statements.  Had the card for almost 2 years and was getting mad I never got a CLI.  Still a really sucky CL compared to my other cards, but at least they showed me some love.
Message 42 of 58
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Yay!! You guys piqued my curiosity so I checked my Target account online and I too was raised to $1K!  From $200 to $1000, not bad!  I opened the account in Feb of 2008. Thanks for the heads up everyone!
Message 43 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mines still at the basic $300...patiently waiting!  Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 58
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Golly bejeebers! Still no CLI on DW'd or my store card. Boogers. I've carried a balance. I've carried no balance. I've kept it at $0. I've maxed it out. I've sock drawered it. I've un-socked drawered it. I've bought a Wii, Wii games, school supplies, food, milk, some clothes, baby items, party supplies, movies, and the occasional pack of chewing gum at the checkout line. I give up. Mr. Target Red Card....goodnight. You're going back the dark place next to my semi-smelly orange & purple socks that never get worn. Enjoy your time in captivity and think about what you haven't done.
Message 45 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked my Target account  and went from 200 CL to 1000 CL.  WOW a 800 CLI on Target.  OMG what a suprise.
Message 46 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
Golly bejeebers! Still no CLI on DW'd or my store card. Boogers. I've carried a balance. I've carried no balance. I've kept it at $0. I've maxed it out. I've sock drawered it. I've un-socked drawered it. I've bought a Wii, Wii games, school supplies, food, milk, some clothes, baby items, party supplies, movies, and the occasional pack of chewing gum at the checkout line. I give up. Mr. Target Red Card....goodnight. You're going back the dark place next to my semi-smelly orange & purple socks that never get worn. Enjoy your time in captivity and think about what you haven't done.

Smiley Very Happy

Golly bejeebers and boogers all in one post!  Too cool.  I love the whole darn post.

Congrats to those who've gotten their CLI's!  That's so cool to hear.

I'm holding off on Tarjay 'cuz I know they won't like me yet.  Maybe later. 

Message 47 of 58
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

i just cant understand it! I have had this card for  years and still have ssen no love. I have called so many times I dont know what to do anymore. This sucks!

But congrats to all.

Message 48 of 58
DI
Super Contributor

@laryn41 wrote:

i just cant understand it! I have had this card for  years and still have ssen no love. I have called so many times I dont know what to do anymore. This sucks!

But congrats to all.

Target has its picks and chooses.  Same as with Capital One. I had my card 9 years.  It converted to Target Visa with $1500 CL.  CL got reduced to $1000.  I reduced it to $500.  I rarely used the card.  The 10% off is not a good enough reward for to use the card frequently.   

Message Edited by DI on 11-09-2009 10:00 AM
Message 49 of 58
irishchk23
Valued Member

Woo hoo, me too! $200 to $1,000. I did a little dance and my husband thought I was crazy. I haven't even used the card since May and only had it about a year. I never expected this from reading posts and I probably still won't use it much but I don't have many cards so it helps. I don't even have a regular CC with a limit this high yet. :smileyhappy:
1/12/08 TU 577 EQ 633 EX 665
7/15/08 TU 591 EQ 655 EX 672
3/11/09 TU 660 EQ 647
11/10/09 TU 707 EQ 676
03/01/11 TU 697 EQ 682
Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.