Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Card!!!!

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Card!!!!

Interesting.  How does the debit card work?  Do you attach it to your bank account so it comes directly out of there?  Does it report to the all 3 CRs?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's attached to your checking account ..when you apply for the debit you have to take a blank check with you (for account and routing number) my guess.... But I don't think they report anything because it's your checking accounts money not theirs. BUT YOU STILL GET THE 5% off you purchase which is great! So far I made 4 purchases and it's nice to see at the bottom of the receipt 8.00 off etc.... Lol thats piggy bank money.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh and another thing I forgat to mention it's just like using a check because it will not draft the funds until like 2-4 days later.
Message 13 of 20
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's attached to your checking account ..when you apply for the debit you have to take a blank check with you (for account and routing number) my guess.... But I don't think they report anything because it's your checking accounts money not theirs. BUT YOU STILL GET THE 5% off you purchase which is great! So far I made 4 purchases and it's nice to see at the bottom of the receipt 8.00 off etc.... Lol thats piggy bank money.

Okay... so are you saying you can apply for the Target debit card using your own checking account? So if I had a USAA checking account... I could get a Target debit card that "used" that account? I don't have to open a checking account with Target??

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the Target Debit card will use your USAA checking accountl.

I also have a Target Debit card (and Red Charge Card) and when I used the debit card, it took on average 3 days before it was deducted from my USAA checking. It works quite well.

No Target accouint required and as far as I know, TNB does not offer checking or savings, only the cards.

Hope this helps you out.

Ray

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea any checking account. But remember you gotta take a blank check or else your not gonna be able to get it processed .
Message 16 of 20
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea any checking account. But remember you gotta take a blank check or else your not gonna be able to get it processed .

Interesting! Is there a fee for this debit card??

Message 17 of 20
superfresh08

There is no fee for this card.

Message 18 of 20
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

One last Q - Do they HP for the target debit card app?

Message 19 of 20
superfresh08

No it's a soft, same with Nordstrom's debit card.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.