Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Credit Card Question?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Target Credit Card Question?

Thanks Brammy, it is good to know that Target Converts the card seamlessly. I heard from some one Dillards issues a new card when we request for Dillards Amex instead of upgrading the existing card, then the history does not transfer to new card.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Thanks Brammy, it is good to know that Target Converts the card seamlessly. I heard from some one Dillards issues a new card when we request for Dillards Amex instead of upgrading the existing card, then the history does not transfer to new card.

Thank you for that info.... not worth the file hit with those interest rates.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled my EQ and I was turned downSmiley Sad

Message Edited by swimbuddy on 12-16-2007 09:10 PM
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:
From what I have read here, I would not app target unless I shopped there all the time and PIF. They appear from what I have read to give really horrible CLI's and I think I read, could be wrong and may be thinking about another card, that they don't give CLI's over the phone anymore?

Does anyone know about asking for CLI's? Or am I thinking about another card?

I did an automated CLI by using the # on the back of the card.  I was approved to double my limit & didn't even have to talk to a CSR!!!
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilder wrote:

netpanther wrote:
From what I have read here, I would not app target unless I shopped there all the time and PIF. They appear from what I have read to give really horrible CLI's and I think I read, could be wrong and may be thinking about another card, that they don't give CLI's over the phone anymore?

I did an automated CLI by using the # on the back of the card.  I was approved to double my limit & didn't even have to talk to a CSR!!!

Was this store or Visa?  How long since your last CLI?

Message 25 of 28
pattycake
Established Contributor

*****I did an automated CLI by using the # on the back of the card. I was approved to double my limit & didn't even have to talk to a CSR!!!*****

Same here the first few times, although, I kept getting declined because I didn't use the card enough.

I did talk with a CSR who doubled my limit, though. The card doesn't cost anything, and if you use it once in a while, you get coupons. I don't use it anywhere but there, even though it is a Visa. And, yes, it's my son who got the $6K CL, although I can't for the life of me figure out why. He's paid his bill a few days late more than once, and they denied him CLIs, even reduced his CL a couple of times in the last four years.

Message Edited by pattycake on 12-17-2007 09:11 AM
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

rebuilder wrote:

netpanther wrote:

Was this store or Visa?  How long since your last CLI?

I have the Target Visa.  Opened in 03/07 with a CL of $500.  Called and got the auto increase to $1000 in October.  It didn't ask me what I wanted - just gave me what I was automatically approved for.  I think I'll try this every 6 months...
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

pulled all three on me..and they are a stickler about late payments so be careful!!
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.