Did you mean: 

Target Credit limit increase

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Target Credit limit increase

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I called and ask for credit limit increase. CSR said they do not offer credit limit increase anymore but they do review account each month to see if you're qualify for increase. She also said to update my account every month.

My formula is spend, let balance post on statement, update income info, and pay off statement balance, and repeat.   I started at $1K and now have a $4K Target MC.   

+1  My card has been open since December 2002 (several lenders ago), started at $1300, card got a CLD to $800 when they changed all of the cards to Visa cards around 2005, often carried balances and it stayed at $800 for over a decade.  Fast-forward to January 2016, and for the past 21 months I have charged $200-$600 a month (1 or 2 trips to Target monthly), let the balance report, "updated" income even when it hasn't changed, and paid the statement balance in full.  They gave me $500 in June 2016, $1000 in December 2016, and $1000 in June 2017, bringing me to $3,300 - which would still be my smallest trade line had I not purposely taken credit from one Amex card and moved it to another.  Hoping that the 6 month cycles will continue for me and that I'll see at least another $1,000 in December.

Message 21 of 29
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone received the same type of increases  since their Target graduated to MC?

Message 22 of 29
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@ccpat wrote:

Has anyone received the same type of increases  since their Target graduated to MC?

From what I have seen on this forum, it doesn't appear that the upgrade has any impact on CLIs.  I can't offer a personal data point on that since mine was a Visa-to-MasterCard conversion rather than a TD Bank-issued store card to MC conversion, but there are a LOT of data points in approvals and the main credit cards forum if you search for Target.

Message 23 of 29
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Wow. I haven't had an increase since I got one 4 months after opening the card (from $1000 -> $1600). I did know about the theory of letting a balance report, but regardless of that I wanted a decent balance to report at least once on my credit reports. Plus this past month I finally spent a lot at target, so I let $375 report on my statement. And, I already have another CLI from $1600 -> $2100. 

My card will be 17 months old in 3 more days. In other words, its been 12 months since the last CLI. Statement date was 3 days ago, and I havent paid it yet.

My target card increased to $7000 in June, and now in December it has increased to $9000.

I actually haven't been using my Target card this quarter since I've been using Discover's 5% cash back at Target instead. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's insane...that will increase your debt ratio and reduce your score. I have a measly 200.00 credit limit with Target for 1 year and get no play. I am in escrow and close on the 30th of this month. I have a list of accounts I will be shutting down after I close, Target is on that list.
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

DONT PAY IT OFF BEFORE IT POSTS!! Never ever do that! I used to and NEVER got a CLI. Now I spend probably $25 every other month but I let it report to the bureau. Once the statement posts then pay it in full. I've done this for a year now and have gotten 5 separate CLIs. My limit went from 300 to 800 to 1500 to 2000 and now up to 3000. All within a year and its done wonders for my credit score!! Keep patience and just pay it off. It WILL be worth it guaranteed!
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started off with a $300 limit last April and have received 2 auto credit line increases. I am now up to $1100. I just keep my financial information updated. In the beginning I didn't keep a balanced, and I read that you need to carry a balance to get a CLI, so I charged something small and then paid in full after the statement arrived. I have carried a balance off and on over the last year. 

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with target since 2004 and I am requesting and increase. I have been sitting at 200.00 since then. So can you please increase my limit. THANK YOU.
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been with target since 2004 and I am requesting and increase. I have been sitting at 200.00 since then. So can you please increase my limit. THANK YOU.

Kirbyc8

This is the FICO forums and you can not request a credit limit increase from a Target here.  You must contact them directly

This thread is now locked due to age

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.