cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Data Breach and my BofA Cash Rewards Visa.

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Target Data Breach and my BofA Cash Rewards Visa.

Post from 1/19/14:

I got an email a few days ago from Target saying that my information may have been taken in the recent Data Breach and I was able to get a code to signup for their Credit Monitoring through Experian. I have only shopped on Target.com. I thought i had only shopped online in 2009 using my PNC debit card, but then i realized that I shopped online in 2012 using my Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa. With my PNC debit card it has been renewed in 2012 with new expiration dates, since the card was up for renewal so i think that one is safe.

With my Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa, I'm not sure, i mean i used it in 2012 so I'm not sure if I should call and get a new number just in case, and If i do I am wondering if i should just request a increase to 5k so they can upgrade me to Visa Signature which they should issue me a new account number anyway right?. Upgrading to Visa Signature would save them from having to do it later, so i'm wondering if that's the way to go?

Post from: 1/20/14:

So I submited a credit increase online sunday night and then called up early this morning before work and talked a credit analyst with FIA, and the rep pulled up my information and then said i was denied, and i asked for her to reconsider, she said sure and she placed me on hold for a "quick review" she then came back to confirm my income and i gave it to her and even said that before i had been able to list my assets such as my checking account and i gave that to her and she said even with that she is unable to approve me based on income. :smileysad:

She then asked if there was anything else she could do for me and i said about how i got an email from Target about my information being possibably compromised  even though it was in 2012 when i last puchased something form them and "well i ws trying to kill 2 birds with one stone if you will of getting a credit increase to upgrade to a visa signature would give me a new account number anyway and would save you time and money anyway instead of having to issue cards twice."

She understood and said that if i feel that i should get a new account number then she can do it, and i said yes please. She shutdown my card imediately, reported it as Lost/Stolen said my new card will arrive within 7 to 10 days. She asked if i needed it sooner and i told her no that i had already done my spending yesterday.

I thanked her and told her how much i love them and they are great and that she had a nice voice even if she she said no to things, unlike CapOne was doing to me awhile back, she appreciated that.

Then we nicely ended the call.

On a side note I am wondering if i should have called a different number to get a true BofA Analyst insted of FIA?, eventhough they are the same, i've gotten different results with both it seems but it depends on why i'm calling. The number I called was 800-247-7975.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.