Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Love......my first ever CLI.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target Love......my first ever CLI.....

I am new to the world of credit cards.....got my Target card in May.......logged in tonight to check something on my account and it says:

Credit Limit: $500.00

WOW......$300 CLI........

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Love......my first ever CLI.....

Target gave me a $300 cli alittle after two months... Made alot of purchases every week and would pif each week.
Message 2 of 17
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, sidewinder! You're on your way to the Visa! (Not that there is any sort of accurate prediction for that! Smiley Wink )
Message 3 of 17
cw81
Frequent Contributor

congrats I got mine last month hopefully I get a CLI soon I used it a bit and PIF
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've hadmine for 6 months. I do everything by the FICO book. Still $200 but I've been in a Target maybe 3 times.
Message 5 of 17
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Ya I have had a target redcard for almost 2 years and it is STILL at a $200 CL... I PIF each month, or on the RARE (2 times) I didn't pay in full I paid 60% of the balance then a week or so later paid the remainder.

Also, my FICO has increased more than 150 points since i got my Target card and STILL NO LOVE... I don't get them at all....

Congrats on your increase!... I have stopped using them til i get a CLI... i mean I have card with 0 blanaces and 9000 CL...  come on target, I think i can handle $500....

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 17
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Same here... 2 years and still at $200 limit.  Ah well!
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 7 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

sidewinder wrote:
I am new to the world of credit cards.....got my Target card in May.......logged in tonight to check something on my account and it says:

Credit Limit: $500.00

WOW......$300 CLI........

Smiley Mad I'm not jealous.....I'm not jealous!!!

Congrats! What type of spending and paying habits did you have?

I got mine in Nov, I think. Still at $200. Used it maybe 4-5 times and PIF'd in all but 1 month. I'm letting it stew at $0 for now.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  It's so exciting to get CLIs!

Target seems known for that $300CLI around the 3 month anniversary.  I have yet to see any love since then....going on 3 years...perfect history. Someone recently said they almost feel like Target doesn't like to see your credit improve. It seems like many that are in the eternal wait for something glorius to happen after the initial CLI have pretty decent scores and history and get no luv. Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs wrote:

Smiley Mad I'm not jealous.....I'm not jealous!!!

Congrats! What type of spending and paying habits did you have?

I got mine in Nov, I think. Still at $200. Used it maybe 4-5 times and PIF'd in all but 1 month. I'm letting it stew at $0 for now.

I got in May, spent a little over $100. PIF June.

Charged nearly max, paid min payment in July on due date, PIF a week later. 

Charged up to max, made min payment Aug on due date, logged in last night to PIF and saw the increase.

BTW.......not been in a Target store since I got it. Closest one is about 100 miles.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-26-2008 04:41 PM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.