Did you mean: 

Target Master Card?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Re: Target Master Card?

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@TiggerDat wrote:

I imagine the first thing that will happen is that the Visas will become MCs.  Later, as TD bank monitors the accounts and reviews the history of accounts they will offer upgrades to the MC.  I imagine they will deal with it in the same way that GE deals with the Walmart cards.  With history, usage, and good scores you can get an upgrade.

I think they'd have to find a way for it to make economic sense.  Perhaps if they got a better deal for MC than Visa and if they felt the MC cobrand would entice people to the card, they might do it.   I'm hoping so.  

Just wondering outloud.... I wonder if Visa or MC stipulates minimum credit lines for these cobranded cards.... 

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 21 of 22
jigglypuff
Regular Contributor

Re: Target Master Card?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/04/29/target-mastercard-emv-partnership/8453783/

The retailer's REDcard portfolio includes a Target-branded debit card, credit card, and a co-branded credit card with Visa that the company stopped issuing in 2010. All three will be reissued with MasterCard's chip-and-pin technology.

Green Card: NPSL | Freedom VS: $5K | Discover it: $25K | Quicksilver Platinum MC: $6K | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever: $3.15K | Sapphire Preferred VS: $7.3K | Dividend Platinum Select V: $9K | Barclaycard Rewards MC: $1.5K | Cash Rewards Platinum Plus V: $2.5K | Slate V: $500 | Target REDcard: $1.5K | Amex EveryDay: $18K | Blue Cash Everyday: $18K | Fidelity Rewards VS: $9K | Double Cash WMC: $12.8K | Better Balance Rewards Platinum Plus MC: $7.5K | Ebates Cash Back VS: $8K | Nordstrom VS: $10K | Sallie Mae WMC: $5K | FNBO American Express 6.25%: $11.7K | Quicksilver VS: $10.75K | SaksFirst Store Card: $2.25K | Saks WEMC: $8K | Iberia Bank Visa Classic: $8.5K | Blispay V: $7.5K
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.