Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target NFCU CC offer

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Target NFCU CC offer

FYI, anyone else received this offer lately?

NFCU target.jpg

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Target NFCU CC offer

I received it yesterday.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Message 2 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep got the email yesterday.
Message 3 of 22
brianjb
Contributor

that offeRe: Target NFCU CC offer

I signed up for that offer a week or two ago.  It  was on their web page.

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 4 of 22
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: that offeRe: Target NFCU CC offer

@brianjb wrote:

What was the result?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 5 of 22
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I got it and promptly deleted it, as I am in the Garden. Smiley Wink

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 6 of 22
brianjb
Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

@brianjb wrote:

What was the result?

It went well.  Because of the forums here, I found out about NFCU and that they offer BT offer's a couple of times a year.  So I signed up for a card in December, with the intent of using it as a transfer card.

As soon as I saw the offer, I did the transfers.

The reps at NFCU have been really helpful.

If you are eligible, I recommend applying for the card.  It is not very often that you see a zero fee transfer offer.  Other credit card companies charge 3% or whatever to transfer.

Good luck!!

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 7 of 22
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I received it. And don't think that there is anything all that extraordinary about the offer. Why would I open a new card just to transfer balances at interest, especially considering that the only balance I am carrying is at 0% from NFCU's last 0% BT offer (which they do at least once a year)? I have also received a similar offer from USAA a few weeks before. The USAA offer even came with BT checks that could be written for a cash advance at the low BT rates. I didn't use those either.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 22
sniggy20
Valued Member

Not a frequent poster but an avid reader.  Recieved the same offer as above posters.  I joined nfcu 12-07-2013 got savings, checking, and cash rewards.  Waiting for 3mo. statement to credit line increase on cash rewards because opened 4 accounts in '13.  AAoA dropped to 8yr.10mon.  Eq.Fico 708. I feel I'd get more "bang" for the buck waiting for the credit line increase than applying.  Current  cl on cash rewards is 5K with 1500 outstanding with a 500.00 payment pending for friday.  Would you wait or would you apply?  If I applied it would be the platinum.  HAVE ENOUGH REWARDS CARDS.  Ideas, advice  much appreciated.  BK 7 2005. Ficos Ex.731 Eq.708 Tu.687

Thanks,

Sniggy20

Message 9 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

With your scores, I am surprised you didn't get a five digit cl. Maybe it's the bk. Well you could always go for it and if you get the 3-5 day message call ans withdraw it if you don't want the hp

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.