Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target REDcard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target REDcard

I don't have plans to get this card by any means, but if you've burned them in the past, do they blacklist? Just wondering in case I ever need one years and years down the road lol
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Target REDcard

IIRC, they do blacklist.  How long that blacklist last is anyone's guess.  Some individuals are able to re-establish their relationship while others simply move on.  For Target-specific financial products, there's alternatives - Target REDBird Prepaid Card or the Target Debit Card.  

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see a lot about the prepaid REDcard ("redbird") but it should be noted that the card is not available nationwide.  In fact, its availability is very, very limited at this time.

Message 3 of 23
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't have plans to get this card by any means, but if you've burned them in the past, do they blacklist? Just wondering in case I ever need one years and years down the road lol

Im not sure of the blacklist but why not get the red debit card? Just link it to your bank account and get 5% off plus free shipping probably one of the best deals out there. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm not a bad idea, thanks for the suggestion!
Message 5 of 23
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Not a problem. All you have to do is bring a check into target and the cashier will take care of the rest. No hard pull.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 6 of 23
drjones
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I see a lot about the prepaid REDcard ("redbird") but it should be noted that the card is not available nationwide.  In fact, its availability is very, very limited at this time.

There are quite a few people selling them for a fairly reasonable fee online. If you get the code from a temporary card online, you can register it and they mail you the permanent card.

Personally, I got one from here:

[ REMOVED ]

It's a great way get some rewards points while shopping at Target, get the 5% discount, and get some free bill pay done.

Just use it reasonably, and don't go crazy like lots of churners are, and I don't think any CC companies would get angry.

Starting (2/15): 580, Current (9/17): 725, Goal (12/17): 740
Message 7 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@drjones wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are quite a few people selling them for a fairly reasonable fee online. If you get the code from a temporary card online, you can register it and they mail you the permanent card.

Personally, I got one from here:

Edited link.   Shogun myFICO moderator

It's a great way get some rewards points while shopping at Target, get the 5% discount, and get some free bill pay done.

Just use it reasonably, and don't go crazy like lots of churners are, and I don't think any CC companies would get angry.

Prices have come down quite a lot!

It is slowly moving into other states, rumors of nationwide rollout later in the year.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to remove the link to that site.  Not allowed here

Message 9 of 23
drjones
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to remove the link to that site.  Not allowed here

Sorry, wasn't sure it it was alright or not.

What specifically is disallowed about it?

Starting (2/15): 580, Current (9/17): 725, Goal (12/17): 740
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.