Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Red Card

unless they like you when you apply, its highly unlikely they will learn to like you over time. Two years ago I applied for the Target card the week after I had gotten approved for my AMEX revolver with a $6000 CL, what did Target give me? $200 CL, What an insult, I have kept the card used at least 1-2 times a month, less over time, since the pharmacy's customer service sucked we have puled all of our family perscritption business to Sam's Club. now we use the card mostly for little things, made the mistake of letting the card report a 20% UTL, yeap $40 i'm a big spender. paid in full as soon as I notied I had a payment due.

Highest CL on a credit card $9,800, the card 16 month old now upgraded Sam's Club discover,  lowest CL, target that is 2 years old, never any lates or CO on any credit card...  yet no CLI.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 21 of 35
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

ALL  auto-CLI's are SP by thier very nature, creditors can't do a HP without out your permission, even if its just a click on a luv button, they have to have your permission to do a HP.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 22 of 35
d12
New Contributor

I just got my Target card in June and got an automatic $200 increase just a few weeks ago.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 23 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

unless they like you when you apply, its highly unlikely they will learn to like you over time. Two years ago I applied for the Target card the week after I had gotten approved for my AMEX revolver with a $6000 CL, what did Target give me? $200 CL, What an insult, I have kept the card used at least 1-2 times a month, less over time, since the pharmacy's customer service sucked we have puled all of our family perscritption business to Sam's Club. now we use the card mostly for little things, made the mistake of letting the card report a 20% UTL, yeap $40 i'm a big spender. paid in full as soon as I notied I had a payment due.

Highest CL on a credit card $9,800, the card 16 month old now upgraded Sam's Club discover,  lowest CL, target that is 2 years old, never any lates or CO on any credit card...  yet no CLI.

I would agree that they are definitely an oddity.  I use my Target Visa here and there and have received 3 auto-CLIs this year alone (not so much the prior years), yet others like yourself have gotten no movement from them.  Is there any real purpose for keeping $200 if it doesn't grow?  Some have gone via their debit card route - same benefits, just no credit TL.

Message 24 of 35
Camysmom

I got my card in July cl of $300 just received increase to $500.
Message 25 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Camysmom wrote:
I got my card in July cl of $300 just received increase to $500.

Fabulous!  Glad you posted this data point since lots of folks are wondering whether auto-CLIs are still occurring.

Message 26 of 35
spartanspirit
Contributor

i started with 200 about 4-5 months ago and it has been increased to 600 automatically.

Message 27 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@spartanspirit wrote:

i started with 200 about 4-5 months ago and it has been increased to 600 automatically.

Fantastic progress!

Message 28 of 35
compassion101
Established Contributor

I started at $200 4 years ago and am still at $200. Meanwhile i have 5 cards with 5k+ CL. And I have called to inquire about a CLI

Message 29 of 35
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Mine started at $200 and after a couple years I got bumped to 1K.  Now I just got knocked back down to $200.  I looked and I haven't used it in the last year so I guess that is understandable.  At least they didn't close it unexpectedly.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.