cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card

SOLVED

Target Red Card

Ok, so long story short... I went on whogavemecredit.com saw someone in California get approved for a Taget Red Card with lower Fico than mine. So I applied and you guessed it, Denied. I called in and found this out. They are sending me a letter in the mail. The Recon # on here is for business accounts. What can I do? I have a TU 627 and a Equifax 609 , EX 563 (FAKO)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Target Red Card

FICO is only a first tier qualifier.  Actual contents of your CR account for final approval and CL decisions.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Message 2 of 16
Moderator Emerita

Also, things have changed dramatically in the last 6-12 months. I doubt that I would have gotten half the cards/ CL's now that I got in Feb 2008. Pretty much all lenders are a lot tighter now.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 16
Moderator Emeritus

I wish I never applied for my Target card. : (

Nearly two years later, I am still at $200.
Message 4 of 16
Senior Contributor

llecs wrote:
I wish I never applied for my Target card. : (

Nearly two years later, I am still at $200.

tell me about it!  makes me mad Smiley Mad

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Message 5 of 16
Frequent Contributor

I was approved 2 weeks ago with a TU FICO of 628 and a EQ FICO of 627 (they only pulled EQ).

At the time, I had 2 unpaid collections showing on my report, one from 2002, and one from 2006.

What are your baddies?

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 6 of 16
Established Member

I applied and was denied with a 691 credit score at the time a few weeks ago! Reason for denial was "limited credit history" figue that!
As of : 5/17/2008 EFX- 695 EXP- 707 TUC- 727
Credit History : 3yrs 4mos
Current Accounts : USAA Amex =10K, USAA Platinum MC=10K,
Discover =2.5K, Amex Hilton =2K, Alliant Visa =5K, RBS Kroger
MC =6K, Chase Marriott Visa Signature Premier =5K, Chase Presidential Plus World MC =10K, AT&T MC =4K, NFCU Platinum
MC =20K, NFCU Platinum Visa =17.5K, Cabelas Visa =2K.
**Cards I Closed** : Walmart, AE Visa, & HSBC (all low CL's)
Message 7 of 16
Super Contributor

My card is still at $200 after 2 years. I am not sure what is more bad, getting declined for the card or being stuck at $200 CL for many many years.
Message 8 of 16
New Contributor

The Target card is just bull**bleep**...

I wish I had never applied, so I am just going to bite the bullet and cancel it.  You can't buy anything with a $200 limit!!  I work there, and the only reason I applied is so that I could use my discount on credit.  Target doesn't let us use our discount with other CC's/debit.  Apparently it is like giving us two discounts because they have to pay a processing fee.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 16
Senior Contributor

kyobakes wrote:

The Target card is just bull**bleep**...

I wish I had never applied, so I am just going to bite the bullet and cancel it.  You can't buy anything with a $200 limit!!  I work there, and the only reason I applied is so that I could use my discount on credit.  Target doesn't let us use our discount with other CC's/debit.  Apparently it is like giving us two discounts because they have to pay a processing fee.  Smiley Indifferent

i can't believe they won't give you your discount with any other card!  that's outrageous!

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Message 10 of 16