Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red

tag
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target Red

Back when I had pretty decent credit (before I wrecked it in 2009 & started to rebuild this year), I had a Target card for about 5 years.  They started me out at $300 & I used it a LOT & I always paid on time...never once late or missed a payment.  I requested a CLI about twice a year & they'd never give it to me.  I could never understand why someone who is a good customer could never get an increase. 

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 11 of 21
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Yes, target"Sucks"....
Message 12 of 21
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Ive had mine for 2 years now. Ive maxxed it before, paid it in full before, carried a balance before....tried all kinds of patterns and things to see and i too am stuck at a $200.00 limit. It no longer really gets to breathe air anymore from the safe. Probably lost in the system.

I had mine issued in 2003, never used after until 2007, & it keeps getting better....:-)...;-)

They closed my $200 account for inactivity after contacting them on ''locked out'' account-!!!

Nothing until I called and they closed me for wanting to use the card......bummer-!!

No worries though. I've grown up a lot in Credit Land.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very similar stats as far as my target card... Had it since 04 or 05, started with about 250 cl, but as my score improved years ago I got an auto cli that raised it to 1,000... But in the past 4 or 5 years it's stayed the same and they won't give me a sp cli request, the only way for me to request it will result in hp. 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duffenbrau wrote:

Target really is strange. My scores are under 700, and I started out with $300 four months ago. I still haven't used the card once, no statements generated, $500 auto CLI to $800 total.

Maybe they gave you an increase with the hopes that you might use your card. I received a $700 increase in December and I had used my card only one. After I used it, I immediately paid it off. I just added myself to the list for CLI review. Hopefully, I get it. I love shopping at Target!!!

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading some of the starting balances in several threads, I think I will just hold off on this card

I agree. I applied last year and was rewarded with a 2K initial limit. Then in December they gave me an auto CLI of $700. 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lostsols wrote:

New apps are getting higher approvals. I got a $2k initial limit, and then an auto cli to $2700 after 6 months. So it happens. 

I agree. I was initially approved for the same limit and then received an auto CLI of $700 in December.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got off the phone with target cc. read a post a few weeks ago that you had to update your income. went online to do so, couldn't find where to do it. called, and asked about cli, he said i hadn't updated my income, and was therefore not eligible for the monthly cli review. i gave him my income and he says i am now included in the review.

a lot of the newer customers seem to be getting  cli's more than the older customers - maybe their income is being carried over from the app?

anyways, call and update your income.

Message 18 of 21
dbatl14
Contributor

I got my Target Red Card 3 months ago and they just auto  increased by $500. I started out with $300 and it's now $800. I had fair usage but PIF everytime.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 19 of 21
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

They asked me to update my income so they increased it to $500. With a 805 credit score I thought it would be more. Especially since I don't have much debt cause I pay off things fairly quickly. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.