Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Target Red

I am sure this has been discussed, But i havent been on in a long time. I rotate my cards often always paying off for the most part. Curret fico score is 803. I have had my Target red since 2005.  It has never been over $200.00. Although its a good thing.... am I lost in the system or what? They just currently update dmy information,not sure if that really matters.  It is probably my oldest card.

Thanks in Advance

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Red

Do you use it often? I maxed it out a few months in a row and then paid it off and repeated that cycle until they gave me a cli. it took about a year to get.

Message 2 of 21
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Ive had mine for 2 years now. Ive maxxed it before, paid it in full before, carried a balance before....tried all kinds of patterns and things to see and i too am stuck at a $200.00 limit. It no longer really gets to breathe air anymore from the safe. Probably lost in the system.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 21
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I have maxed it out, made minimum payments, paid it off, sock drawered it ETC. Nada.
Message 4 of 21
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Target is one of the worst for getting CLI, they start you off crappy and keep you there.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 21
Duffenbrau
Valued Member

Target really is strange. My scores are under 700, and I started out with $300 four months ago. I still haven't used the card once, no statements generated, $500 auto CLI to $800 total.

MSUFCU $5K| CASECU $2K| Discover it $1.5K| QuicksilverOne $2.5K(x2)| Playstation Visa $750| US Bank Flexperks Select $2.5K| Barclay Rewards $2.5K| Home Depot $2.7K| Best Buy $1.5K| Walmart $1.3K| Amazon $2.7K| PayPalSC $800| Target $800
Message 6 of 21
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

With those kind of limits, probably not worth having the new account reporting to impact AAoA, or HP if it needs one.   You can get the debit or prepaid versions, that give you 5% off target purchases with no impact on your credit report.

Message 7 of 21
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Same here had my red card 6 yrs and same CL 200...The lowest of all my Cc...I'm thinking of closing cc.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading some of the starting balances in several threads, I think I will just hold off on this card

Message 9 of 21
lostsols
Valued Member

New apps are getting higher approvals. I got a $2k initial limit, and then an auto cli to $2700 after 6 months. So it happens. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.