Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard Luv Button Return

tag
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Target RedCard Luv Button Return

I called to close out my $300 Target RedCard today.

The rep was trying to get my to keep it open by reminding me of the 5% off.

Then said she understood how the low credit line could be a issue.

But if would hang on until holiday season they are implementing a new system so that customers can request CLIs on thier own again.  Something about they havent done this for a few years but will be starting it back up. No gaurantees Ill get what I want, but the customer initiated CLI button will return.

No mention however if a SP or HP. She probably didn't know at this point anyway.

Many may have heard this already, but I thought some may be interested in hearing about it. 

I closed it anyway simply because I do not use it and don't see myself using it much at all if any have much better cards to choose from now.

Probably should have just kept it open but Im hoping with it gone it'll bring up my average credit line which may help in the future.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Target RedCard Luv Button Return

This is good news providing they do not HP for their well-known small limit increases. I only keep mine open to have one retail card report on my credit profile. Otherwise, they would be history for me too.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I really hope this materializes, mine has been at $200 for years. Thanks for sharing!
Message 3 of 5
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I really hope this materializes, mine has been at $200 for years. Thanks for sharing!

+100

my 3 year old $200 CL card, feels like lead in my wallet (okay my wife's wallet she uses it once every couple months for medical supplies). It feels insulting to have such a limit, when the card i got 1 month before it,  AMEX revolver has gone from 6k to 15k in the same time.  No late payments ever, no chargeoff, no collections, clean report. I have never paid a dime of interest on the Target card. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I sure hope this does happen and not just a rumour. I got my Target RedCard while on one of my long haul truck runs to Clearwater, Florida. My team driver and me had some time to shop and there happen to be a Target at a mall where we parked. I only had US Bank CC at the time. I was asked at the checkout if i would like to app for their card. I said sure why not, and got an on-the-spot $300 line. Only my second CC in many moons. Shortly thereafter about 3 months it was CLI'd to $500. That was Jan 2013, so it's my 2nd oldest CC. But that's where it's been stuck at ever since. Since my spree almost a year ago now theres several CC's which will clock in at the 1 year mark and i been seriously considering just closing it out in January. If by some stroke of imagination and wild luck a miracle happens and they do offer another CLI, someone please pick me up off the floor Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.