Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Target RedCard

@Juan123 wrote:

do you permanatly get 5% off or is it only the day you get the card?

Every time you shop there. And the pharm discounts are cool too. Refill 5, get a cert in the mail for an addittional 5% off for a full day shopping there.

You really cannot beat the 5% at the register. We combine coupons and buy sale items and have saved some big money.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 11 of 43
Juan123
Established Contributor

hmm.. then maybe it is a good idea... too bad they give (usually) low limits =/ i love target. go there weekly.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 12 of 43
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

hmm.. then maybe it is a good idea... too bad they give (usually) low limits =/ i love target. go there weekly.

Well you could cold app and see what happens or try my trick that I stated earlier. That worked and I now have that nice $2500 line...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 43
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

everytime i hear about someone getting a target card it's usually $200CL. I got mine 3 years ago with a EQ Fico of 713 at the time of app. No increase in 3 years and it's a waste to ask. they are worse then capital one on limits and increases.

Message 14 of 43
LEXiiON
Valued Member

DW got one last year. Inital CL $1K. She has Autopay for the full amount. After 6 month Auto-CLI to $1.5K, this months Auto-CLI to $2.2K. Can't complain.

LEXiiON

Message 15 of 43
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

It sure is nice to read about some Target love.   Mines will come (smile)

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 16 of 43
lithium78
Established Contributor

5% off is pretty good for any credit card. There's no tax on clothing in NJ, so I cleaned up on black Friday this past year.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, my DW's card has been stuck at $200 for a few years.  But lately I've read on the board about opening lines being much better.  And if you shop there frequently, then it might be a good card for the 5%. 

Message 18 of 43
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
So my DW and I were in Target the other day and the RedCard caught our attention....the 5% off seems like a very nice deal. We plan to PIF of course because it's the only way we stay above water! I've done some searching on. The boards and google and I'm not exactly sure what is still offered by Target...do they still offer the Visa CC or do they only offer the store card now? Thanks! Also any personal experiences/opinions are welcome!

Very happy with Target.  5% all the time is a good discount, IMO.    They gave me $1K limit.  They stopped offering VISA about 2 years ago. 

Message 19 of 43
2NE1
Established Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@Juan123 wrote:

Well you could cold app and see what happens or try my trick that I stated earlier. That worked and I now have that nice $2500 line...

that's a nice strategy... I was originally planning to do this so I could be approved for their store card since my scores aren't that well at the moment... I do shop there a lot since I already have 10% off employee discount from a family member Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.