Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Target RedCard

@RockinRay wrote:

Well you could cold app and see what happens or try my trick that I stated earlier. That worked and I now have that nice $2500 line...

Ray what's your sales tax in MN?

Message 21 of 43
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Personally, my DW's card has been stuck at $200 for a few years.  But lately I've read on the board about opening lines being much better.  And if you shop there frequently, then it might be a good card for the 5%. 

How are they on recon?

What about CLI's are they HP or SP?

Message 22 of 43
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I apped in store and received a $2,500 limit on the store card -- so, not everyone gets toy limits.

$2,500 is $2,250 more than I'd ever spend in a single Target trip or day.

Message 23 of 43
laz98
Senior Contributor

I thought I would never get anything above my lame $200 limit!  But I knew I would be shopping there, so I wasn't going to close the card.  Now it's at $2050.  Not bad, I don't think.  I'm hoping to get another CLI before summer.  All the CLIs I have gotten (2-3) have been automatic.

Message 24 of 43
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I love my Target debit card. Because of my AAoA (one really old card and lots of new ones), I didn't want to open the credit card version (the Red Card). The instant 5% off is pretty awesome (and it adds up quickly if you are like me and buy a lot of groceries at Super Target). Only complaint about the debit card is that, because it's an ACH transaction, it takes a few days to show up on my online account activity in my checking account. No big deal, though.

Would not hesitate applying for the Red Card if it weren't for my AAoA situation. 

I wonder why Target stopped offering the Visa version?

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 25 of 43
Mickey11
Regular Contributor

What is the difference between the RedCard and the store card?

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Message 26 of 43
Karunch
Contributor

@Mickey11 wrote:
What is the difference between the RedCard and the store card?

The Red Card is what Target calls their store card.  Target offers the Red Card which is the store credit card which provides 5% off, and they also offer a Target Debit Card which links directly to your checking account but also provides the 5% discount for purchases.

Message 27 of 43
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Well you could cold app and see what happens or try my trick that I stated earlier. That worked and I now have that nice $2500 line...

We have 7.25% tax here......

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 28 of 43
CS800
Super Contributor

@stan_the_man wrote:

I apped in store and received a $2,500 limit on the store card -- so, not everyone gets toy limits.

$2,500 is $2,250 more than I'd ever spend in a single Target trip or day.

What was your score at the time?

Message 29 of 43
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

We have 7.25% tax here......

You have tax on groceries?

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.