Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Store Credit Card

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Target Store Credit Card

From what I hear, the Target card is fairly easy to get with most people being approved in the low 6's... Is this true? Do any of you have the card? I'm considering applying and I'm curious about this card..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Re: Target Store Credit Card

Ya some people but when they pulled my cr I had equifax of 709 fico and was denied because of inq
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 2 of 19
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

How many Inquiries did you have at the time?

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied back in 2008 and was approved with a $200 limit.  I'm not sure what my exact scores were but I'm sure it had to be around the very low 600s.

About 3 months later, they raised my limit to $500 and it has been there since.

Message 4 of 19
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

denied for too many inquiries and I was in 700's tooSmiley Surprised

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one in June with a 200 limit. They pulled TU which has some nasty stuff but is a mid 600. 

Message 6 of 19
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

How many Inq's did you have when you applied?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tommy5746 wrote:

How many Inq's did you have when you applied?

Message 8 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have always had horrible limits with them but I have never been declined... and INQ were never an issue in the past but I have see a "LOT" of posts lately that they have gotten REALLY sensitive to INQ which doesn't make sense to me at all... I have 4 cards with them. $300, $200, $200, $1500.  The $1500 started at $200 up to $1000, and then just recently the increase to $1500... this was my 3rd card and the only one I have seen get an increase EVER.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have always had horrible limits with them but I have never been declined... and INQ were never an issue in the past but I have see a "LOT" of posts lately that they have gotten REALLY sensitive to INQ which doesn't make sense to me at all... I have 4 cards with them. $300, $200, $200, $1500.  The $1500 started at $200 up to $1000, and then just recently the increase to $1500... this was my 3rd card and the only one I have seen get an increase EVER.

How did you end up with 4 cards?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.