Did you mean: 

Target Store Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Store Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have always had horrible limits with them but I have never been declined... and INQ were never an issue in the past but I have see a "LOT" of posts lately that they have gotten REALLY sensitive to INQ which doesn't make sense to me at all... I have 4 cards with them. $300, $200, $200, $1500.  The $1500 started at $200 up to $1000, and then just recently the increase to $1500... this was my 3rd card and the only one I have seen get an increase EVER.

How did you end up with 4 cards?

Was this a close it and reopen later scenario?

I have been stuck at $200 since I opened it... Although I do like the 5% off

Message 11 of 19
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I got my card on a fluke....just got a pre-approved receipt and called and was given $200 CL...got increased to $500 then stuck

Message 12 of 19
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Do you guys think Target or Walmart is a better card? I hear that the walmart card gives you your fico score free every month? Is this true? If so I would say the walmart card is a much better deal.. Please chime in!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 19
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

@Tommy5746 wrote:

Do you guys think Target or Walmart is a better card? I hear that the walmart card gives you your fico score free every month? Is this true? If so I would say the walmart card is a much better deal.. Please chime in!

Walmart because free fico score plus you get CLI in the other hand target sucks because it dont give cli only in full moon. on my target card i been in 300 for long time they don't care even if you have 800 fico score it sad place.

>
Message 14 of 19
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Don't bother unless you do alot of major shopping @ Target. Most of the stuff there is overpriced so the 5% doesn't help that much.

i got one like 4 years ago @ $300CL and it hasn't moved a inch. If you look at whogavemecredit 9 out of 10 ppl there are getting very low limits $200-$500

Message 15 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

I have a Target card & a Walmart card.  We do almost all of our shopping at Target.  We never really shop at Walmart; we just use the card to pay for gas.

Message 16 of 19
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

I have both. I was approved with a 584 fico in December they pulled equifax. Low limit but I do all my shopping there and I use the discount them pif at customer service on the way out.
Message 17 of 19
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Get the Wal-Mart card, and open a Target debit card. You get the same 5% off but no HP.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 18 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have always had horrible limits with them but I have never been declined... and INQ were never an issue in the past but I have see a "LOT" of posts lately that they have gotten REALLY sensitive to INQ which doesn't make sense to me at all... I have 4 cards with them. $300, $200, $200, $1500.  The $1500 started at $200 up to $1000, and then just recently the increase to $1500... this was my 3rd card and the only one I have seen get an increase EVER.

How did you end up with 4 cards?

It kind of became a joke... After getting the 2nd one I didn't really think you could have multiple cards and then one day I was spending about $197 on some furniture thing and I was like sure I'll open a new account and save the 10% or whatever they use to offer before switching to the 5% all time and it came back instant for $200... Like month or two later was spending about $200 again and was like sure and boom approved again....

I have never closed any of them at any time and they have always been at $0 when I filed for BK so they were never included and they never closed them.

I just use the one now that has the $1500 limit....

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.