Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Upgrade

Add me to the party!  Got 2 letters today, CLI and upgrade to MasterCard in August!

I got the card a year ago with SL $500; auto CLI to $1000 after a couple months; then nothing until now...current limit after 2nd CLI is $3000!!  I only charge a few things on it a month (literally less than $20 a month) and pay it off usually before the statement even cuts.

QUESTION...am I reading the fine print right?  For the MasterCard, ONLY the 2% and 1% rewards are saved until February for a gift card, and the 5% is STILL taken off *at the register*, right?  Does anyone else have the MasterCard already and can clarify?

I doubt I'll use the MasterCard outside of Target; the main draw for me is the 5% off OUTRIGHT at the register.  If I have to wait a year for the 5%, I don't think I'll take it, even with the huge ego boost this gives me.  LOL

Message 31 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target Upgrade

Excuse me for reviving an old thread. However, I do want to answer this question for people reading this thread now.

The 5% off works the same way on all RedCards- it comes straight off at the register. You only receive a gift card at the end of the year for the non-Target purchases. Note that they won't issue the gift card if that amount is under $10 though; if you're like me, and you have a very limited use for the card outside of Target, then it might take you a while to see those rewards.

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.