Regular Contributor
Kay_Cee

Target Visa Auto CLI but nothing from Discover

So, I opened my Target statement last night to find they raised my credit limit to $5K.  It was only a $500 increase but, it is Target and it was automatic.  My PenFed account is showing pre - approvals for $50K car loans, $39K motor home loans and $15K credit cards but Discover won't raise my credit limit from $1,700 because my Chase Signature Visa (limti $10K) reports a balance every month of $700 to $800?  :smileymad: What is up  with that?  They told me it appears I am a credit risk with that whopping $700 statement balance which I PIF every month!

Frequent Contributor
hedgeclipper2

Re: Target Visa Auto CLI but nothing from Discover

Haha, they told me the same.  Apparently people with balances are suddenly not creditworthy at all.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Barclays Priceline Visa Signature
Frequent Contributor
MyFicoAddict

Discover is ridiculous - I have a CC with them for over a year now - no CLI AT ALL.... freakin ridiculous - I have punished them by SD-ing the card.... I am sooo far past the issue that I dont care anymore and wont use the card anymore - ofcourse, i'll buy a pack of gum every three months but thats it...

Aim to be fiscally and physically fit...
EQ - 723 FICO as of Aug 2010
TU - 757 FICO as of Sept 2010
EX - 742 FICO as of Oct 2010 (PSECU)
Regular Contributor
Kay_Cee

I'm doing the same thing - the card is in the SD where it is going to stay.  I'll use it once every three months for a very small purchase!

Regular Contributor
Kay_Cee

OK, so Pen fed called me today and said they were raising the CL on my Visa to $20K and, if I needed a car loan, to please call them.  And Discover won't increase my limit to anything over $1,700?  They're crazy!

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Kay_Cee wrote:

OK, so Pen fed called me today and said they were raising the CL on my Visa to $20K and, if I needed a car loan, to please call them.  And Discover won't increase my limit to anything over $1,700?  They're crazy!

Thats just asking not to be used... YAY for Penfed!

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}