Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Visa Card

tag
FICOFreedom
Established Member

Target Visa Card

If you have a Target Visa Card do you mind sharing your interest rate? I've had my card since 1999 and while they keep increasing my credit limit the interest rate has never changed. I know my credit wasn't so great when I first got the card but I think my interest rate should be decreased (due to positive credit history with target and a good FICO score!) I'm wondering how/if I can get target to lower my interest rate or if it is "normal" for them to have higher interest rates?? Thanks for any feedback =)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Target Visa Card

I want to say ours is like 22.9%. Really high. But, that is typical of Target...  Smiley Happy

We use it, PIF, and I never worry about it.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 5
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I've had mine since 3/08 and the interest rate is 17.24% on a limit of $6,000.  They've lowered the interest rate a couple of times and raised my limit several times, as well. 

Message 3 of 5
FICOFreedom
Established Member

Thank you both for your info. First off I have to say, $6000?! wow. Want to trade? lol

My card is 22.9% interest with a $2,300 limit. And that's up from the original $300 limit when I opened the account as just a Guest Card at the same interest rate in 99! So it's taken awhile just to get to this point.

Message 4 of 5
nomoore
Contributor

I have a 17.xx% interest rate and a $5900 limit on my Target VISA. I've had it since '98 (it was just a low limit guest card at that time, not a VISA). I don't think they ever decreased the interest rate but they tried to increase it to 19% once (supposedly an across the board increase for everyone). I called them and told them I didn't want the increase and was going to cancel it so they agreed to keep it the same. I use it at Target for the 5% off and PIF every month now so the rate really doesn't matter to me anymore.

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.