Established Member
FICOFreedom

Target Visa Card

If you have a Target Visa Card do you mind sharing your interest rate? I've had my card since 1999 and while they keep increasing my credit limit the interest rate has never changed. I know my credit wasn't so great when I first got the card but I think my interest rate should be decreased (due to positive credit history with target and a good FICO score!) I'm wondering how/if I can get target to lower my interest rate or if it is "normal" for them to have higher interest rates?? Thanks for any feedback =)

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Re: Target Visa Card

I want to say ours is like 22.9%. Really high. But, that is typical of Target...  :smileyhappy:

We use it, PIF, and I never worry about it.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Regular Contributor
Kay_Cee

I've had mine since 3/08 and the interest rate is 17.24% on a limit of $6,000.  They've lowered the interest rate a couple of times and raised my limit several times, as well. 

Established Member
FICOFreedom

Thank you both for your info. First off I have to say, $6000?! wow. Want to trade? lol

My card is 22.9% interest with a $2,300 limit. And that's up from the original $300 limit when I opened the account as just a Guest Card at the same interest rate in 99! So it's taken awhile just to get to this point.

Contributor
nomoore

I have a 17.xx% interest rate and a $5900 limit on my Target VISA. I've had it since '98 (it was just a low limit guest card at that time, not a VISA). I don't think they ever decreased the interest rate but they tried to increase it to 19% once (supposedly an across the board increase for everyone). I called them and told them I didn't want the increase and was going to cancel it so they agreed to keep it the same. I use it at Target for the 5% off and PIF every month now so the rate really doesn't matter to me anymore.

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}