Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target & Spiegel

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target & Spiegel

March 17th I added my first store cards ever on the advice to mix .. Not much of a credit line (I never plan on using), but when can I expect these to show on my Credit Report... I got the Inquiry from Target, nothing from Spiegel. Shouldn't there be a new account submission at some point?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target & Spiegel

Did you get an approval message from Target yet?  Their review process sometimes takes a while.  When the TL shows up on your CR varies quite a bit.

If you don't use those cards they won't do much for your credit.  They will eventually get closed for inactivity and then won't factor into your score much.  This is why the mods recommend to get a store card for a store you really like and will continue to shop at.  The typical advice is to buy a soda every 2-3 months and pay it off to keep your card active.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I was approved and even got the card and the mail a few weeks ago.. I do go to Target, only for household items, so I will PIF after purchase. Thanks for the reply

By never plan on using them... I mean't not to the capacity of not PIF'ing. I'm done with MAXing out cards... It has brought nothing by trouble.

Message Edited by tiffj on 04-01-2009 12:12 PM
Message 3 of 10
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

which bureau did Target pull?  what is your CL?

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target pulled Equifax... as did Nords (Southern Cali.... L.A.)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I will not see this cards on my CR until the first statement posts?
Message 6 of 10
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

Target showed after my 1st Statement, Most do, whether you have a balance or not.  It all depends on how the companies report to the Credit Bureau's. I havent figured out patterns yet.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 7 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

i'm just curious as to what kind of limit you received, if you dont mind sharing!

Thanks!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No.... I don't mind at all.... Target I got the customary $200 and Spiegel was $250. Honestly those were the first and only 2 instant approvals I've ever seen...  These are my only 2 store cards, hoping it would help "the mix", I only owned CC's.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied and recieved a Target Card in 2/2008 for 200.00 limit and it has stayed there this entire year and no change.  I only use the card when I need too and then pay off what the bill is by the end of the month.  I have not had to pay any interest doing it this way.  I have not used it in 2 months now so I will use it this month to get something for my granddaughter for easter.  My question is I would really like to apply for a Kohl's card as I do shop there more reguarly but not that much.  I only buy things there that are good prices.  I am wondering if anyone knows what credit bureau Kohl's uses.  I only have a 645 EQ now; 692 TU and I don't know what Experian is and the last time I checked on there site was 675 but it was 640 last time I was allowed to check on My Fico.  If anyone knows the answer that would be great.  Thanks.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.