Regular Contributor
vesper

Target and CLI

Okay, I have had a measly $200 CL on my Target for almost 2 years. I use it all the time and I pay it off all the time. Some months I don't pay it completely off. I called about 6 months ago about getting a CLI and the lady said for me to give it a few more months. I called this morning about it again and the automatice response was "target is not doing credit line increases at this time". Huh? So I talked to a CSR, but I couldn't understand all that he was saying because his accent was very thick. What I go out of it is that I can't get an increase because.....and the only thing I caught after that was because I had no activity in December on my card. I'm so confused....should I use my card every month?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Target and CLI

Join the club, I have had my 300 limit since 1999. I WANT VISA!
Target no longer excepts requests for CLI with the store card, it's automated.
once you have visa you can request them
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Super Contributor
concorduser

I am with you both. I got my card in Oct 2007 with $200 CL. I found a Target Store near my Work. I have decided to spend $50-70 every week and do PIF every week for next 6 months. If there is no CLI by that time Card is going straight to shredder.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

vesper wrote:
Okay, I have had a measly $200 CL on my Target for almost 2 years. I use it all the time and I pay it off all the time. Some months I don't pay it completely off. I called about 6 months ago about getting a CLI and the lady said for me to give it a few more months. I called this morning about it again and the automatice response was "target is not doing credit line increases at this time". Huh? So I talked to a CSR, but I couldn't understand all that he was saying because his accent was very thick. What I go out of it is that I can't get an increase because.....and the only thing I caught after that was because I had no activity in December on my card. I'm so confused....should I use my card every month?

I'm in my 8th month and still have $200.

They may be holding off on the CLIs for a while.  Their credit portfolio has an enormous default rate, and they've been said to be shopping it around to other lenders.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Moderator Emeritus
WhirledPeasPlease

cheddar wrote:

vesper wrote:

I'm in my 8th month and still have $200.

They may be holding off on the CLIs for a while.  Their credit portfolio has an enormous default rate, and they've been said to be shopping it around to other lenders.

Sounds like Target gestation -- :smileyhappy:

Perhaps at month #9 you'll be reward with a bouncing baby Target Visa!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Valued Member
vanilla

They keep giving me auto-increases every few months, and moved me up to a Visa after a year or so (give or take a few months, I don't recall). Of course, I use the card ALLLL the time.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}