Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target and TD Bank...

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Target and TD Bank...

Hello all...I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about going about getting a CLI from Target now that TD Bank took over. Is TD Bank going to review accounts on a reasonable basis now, or are things going to remain the same? I will be closing Target over the Holidays (Christmas) if no CLI is given. I can't do a thing with $200, other than pay it off 4 times per week...Smiley Frustrated!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Target and TD Bank...

I wouldn't waste your time.
I had this card a year and a half with heavy use, light use, pif, balance carrying. Tried it all!! Got no cli!!
I closed it. Limit is tooo low!
Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 39
los_west
Regular Contributor

I was wondering the same thing.  The $200 limit is just dismal.  I easily spend more than that for a week of household shopping.  

Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 3 of 39
Simply827
Established Contributor

Target used to SP me every 3 months faithfully. Once TD took over, I haven't seen any. So I'm not expecting any CLI at all. I'm just going to hold on to it to have an open TL.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 4 of 39
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

I opened this card in February and was given a BIG limit of $500 haha =)  I do use this card heavy, Target is my main "baby" store since I can save 5% on diapers.  I generally am there once-twice a week for stuff, but I always pay off in full within 2 days of swiping the card.  I was given a $200 auto increase at my 2 month statement.  I know not really a lot, but it was an auto cli so I will take it!

Message 5 of 39
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Target used to SP me every 3 months faithfully. Once TD took over, I haven't seen any. So I'm not expecting any CLI at all. I'm just going to hold on to it to have an open TL.

The better question is though did you actually get CLI because thet did SP's every 3 months?

Message 6 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

I got my target card over 1 year ago and it was an initial CL of $300, I used it lightly and in January got a CLI to $900. I don't think that they give high CL's.

I have heard of $5000 but it was on their VISA version. Others can chime in.

As to their logic for CLI? No one knows. I called before with no success.

I think the Taget card should be bought by GE, then we could expect some 4 figures CL's

Message 7 of 39
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

face it, target's redcard is a toy card with toy limits.  the 5% pretty much just covers taxes here in VA for me.  not worth the trouble.  SD that sucker.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 8 of 39
laz98
Senior Contributor

I would keep it.  I got close to closing mine.  But it did eventually grow some.  My Target card is at $2,050.  Strange number.  I use it semi-regularly.  Started at $200 like everybody else.

Message 9 of 39
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

I got my target card over 1 year ago and it was an initial CL of $300, I used it lightly and in January got a CLI to $900. I don't think that they give high CL's.

I have heard of $5000 but it was on their VISA version. Others can chime in.

As to their logic for CLI? No one knows. I called before with no success.

I think the Taget card should be bought by GE, then we could expect some 4 figures CL's

My Target Visa just got another $500 bump this month (less than 3 months from the last auto-CLI).  It now sits at $6,000 and this is under the current TD Bank portfolio.  I do put some moderate usage on it and PIF.  A while back, you could have seen dust bunnies on the CLI front; however, I never felt the need to request one as the CL was sufficient for the use/spend on it.  And, I can certainly understand for other individuals where a $200 CL (for a longtime) would not be worth the effort in keeping... sort of like throwing a pebble onto a battleship.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.