Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target and Walmart balance reporting strategy

tag
godsentdeath
Established Member

Target and Walmart balance reporting strategy

I have a target card which I have had for about 7 years now. I am stuck at $200. I understand Target CLIs are few and far between, however, some people have recently been reporting CLIs. My question for them is, do you allow a large balance to report, then PIF, or do you charge a large amount, and PIF before the statement cuts.

I also recently was approved for the WM Discover. I am of the understanding you need a balance to report in order for a statement to cut, and the number of statements is what GE uses to determine if it is time for an auto CLI. Should I charge an amount, let a statement generate, and then PIF after the statement, or should I charge an amount, pay down most of it, allow a small balance to report, and then rinse and repeat for auto CLI?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Target and Walmart balance reporting strategy

@godsentdeath wrote:

I have a target card which I have had for about 7 years now. I am stuck at $200. I understand Target CLIs are few and far between, however, some people have recently been reporting CLIs. My question for them is, do you allow a large balance to report, then PIF, or do you charge a large amount, and PIF before the statement cuts.

I also recently was approved for the WM Discover. I am of the understanding you need a balance to report in order for a statement to cut, and the number of statements is what GE uses to determine if it is time for an auto CLI. Should I charge an amount, let a statement generate, and then PIF after the statement, or should I charge an amount, pay down most of it, allow a small balance to report, and then rinse and repeat for auto CLI?

Charge let statement cut and PIF for 4 months then ask for CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Target and Walmart balance reporting strategy

Charge a little bit to get it on the statement bal and pif :-)
GE is good w clis.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.