Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target card approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target card approved

300$ credit line 3 months since bankruptcy was discharged!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Target card approved

Congrats! Good start Smiley Happy

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to you! Smiley Happy I was thinking about applying in a few months. Can you give some info about your credit scores and other cards you currently have? Did you app in the store or online?

Message 3 of 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to you! Smiley Happy I was thinking about applying in a few months. Can you give some info about your credit scores and other cards you currently have? Did you app in the store or online?

I applied in store in August of 2011, they pulled EQ which was right around 720 at that time.

Instantly approved for $3,000.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied in store. My tu fico is 581 and I have an orchard card, first premier, von maur, fingerhut, grand point and 4 secured credit cards
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied in store. My tu fico is 581 and I have an orchard card, first premier, von maur, fingerhut, grand point and 4 secured credit cards

Oh I see, that gives me hope. I am still trying to wait until some of my old inquiries drop off. I see so many bad things posted about the Target Store Card, but I LOVE Target, I shop there all the time so I think I would use the heck out of the card, make payments, and request a CLI in due time.
Message 6 of 9
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

IMO if you can get a good starting limit for couple thousand your fine but if you get $200-$300 to start which is what most people get then don't bother. They don't do customer initiated CLI and I've been a customer for like 4 years with 730 EQ fico and no increase. Even kohls (Capone) gave me a increase. The Target Debit Card links to your checking account plus gives you 5% off and no credit check needed. I wouldn't recommend that card cause of the risk but it's available.
Message 7 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:
IMO if you can get a good starting limit for couple thousand your fine but if you get $200-$300 to start which is what most people get then don't bother. They don't do customer initiated CLI and I've been a customer for like 4 years with 730 EQ fico and no increase. Even kohls (Capone) gave me a increase. The Target Debit Card links to your checking account plus gives you 5% off and no credit check needed. I wouldn't recommend that card cause of the risk but it's available.

+1 My Target card has been stuck at $200 since opening in 2009.  We can't request CLI from Target.  They "periodically review accounts".  I would shop there so much more if I had more spending power. 

But, congrats on the approval nonetheless.  Good feeling to get something after BK! 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it's like a rebuilder card and my goal next year is to get the Barclays card and an unsecured fifth third credit card. I have the secured card now and I just found out it earns reward points!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.