Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target change their limits?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Target change their limits?

So i opened a Red Card last year got a low limit compared to my other cards, actually its my lowest limit. Yesterday my friend opened a Red Card and got approved for $2500, and possibly the Visa? Did they change their terms over the year because i know others like me got a low limit also, i was approved for only $200 so im rather confused if they did or will i possibly be seeing a CLI soon? Anyone know?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target change their limits?

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i opened a Red Card last year got a low limit compared to my other cards, actually its my lowest limit. Yesterday my friend opened a Red Card and got approved for $2500, and possibly the Visa? Did they change their terms over the year because i know others like me got a low limit also, i was approved for only $200 so im rather confused if they did or will i possibly be seeing a CLI soon? Anyone know?

Speculation at this point if TD Bank is going to start reviewing accounts or allowing for customer initiated cli requests and also if they are going to introduce the visa again but currently believe it's just store card and all of us that have had the cards for a long time are still not seeing luv... hold tight!

Message 2 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Oh is the Visa back? I thought they discontinued it

Message 3 of 7
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I hope td will do something! I've had mine since 2004. Was up to 500 and cld in 2005 for some lates. Been perfect for years and stuck at 200. Since them a nice letter about how my situation is completely better now, have good career, gave them my current income, thought it was pretty compelling. Got a reply that basically said sorry this isn't what your were hoping to hear, but we don't do cli when you ask. Grrrrr.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 4 of 7
n777ua
Established Contributor

I've been at $200 since opening in '08....I'm not holding my breath.

@mountainmom wrote:
I hope td will do something! I've had mine since 2004. Was up to 500 and cld in 2005 for some lates. Been perfect for years and stuck at 200. Since them a nice letter about how my situation is completely better now, have good career, gave them my current income, thought it was pretty compelling. Got a reply that basically said sorry this isn't what your were hoping to hear, but we don't do cli when you ask. Grrrrr.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 5 of 7
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

I just got a letter in the mail, auto CLI from $200 to $400. lol. not much but better then sitting stagnent at $200. I just opened it back in April i think, and have never used it. 

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 6 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Emdee_MD wrote:

I just got a letter in the mail, auto CLI from $200 to $400. lol. not much but better then sitting stagnent at $200. I just opened it back in April i think, and have never used it. 

Well at least you got a Increase, i emailed Target today asking about CLI and such, they said they dont give them out when asked only automatically...Frustrating because i shop there enough for some small supplies it would nice to actually be able to use the 5% more rather than the $200.....

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.