Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target converting RedCard to Mastercard

tag
ashenk224
Established Member

Target converting RedCard to Mastercard

I saw online a week or so ago that Target increased my RedCard limit from $2300 to $4000. The same day I got the letter in the mail telling me about it I also got a letter telling me they're converting my card to a Mastercard in August as long as my account stays in good standing. I really have no use for it since I have the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Discover IT, and Amex BCE but it's still exciting since I've been putting all this work into improving my credit. 

FICO Scores 4/2018: EQ 705 - TU 711 - EX 708

Chase Freedom Unlimited $6000 | Discover it $2700 | Amex BCE $500 | Citi DCB $2,100
Barclay $2000 | CapOne QuicksilverOne $2500 | Kohls $700 | Best Buy $1000 | Diamond CU $2500
Target Mastercard $4000 | Victoria's Secret $3800 | NY&Co $3900 | The Limited $1150 | Care Credit $12000
Total credit line: $44850 | Utilization: 15% | Gardening since October 2017
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target converting RedCard to Mastercard

Congrats. 🎈 I have been reading a lot of CLI and Upgrades lately from Target. Maybe they are loosening their strings a bit.
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, for almost a whole year in my time here on myFico, all i read about how no one can get increases on their Target or cant get the mc. Now the increases are flowing like wine and the mc is being offered much more. I think you are the second person recently to get the mc conversion and doesnt care for it. Strange Target world indeed.
Message 3 of 10
Failingupwards
New Contributor

I've had my Target card since 2008. Never late, never over limit. Moderate use... I'm just now at $2300 limit.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats op! I just got the letters for my upgrade today too. $1k->$4k CL and will be converted to MC in August. I had it sock drawered since end of last year and pulled it out for use last month. Got 2 uses out of it before I saw the CL upgrade on my credit report. Glad to see some upward movement on this card.

Message 5 of 10
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

I got this letter also!  Does anyone know if the card will report as a new line of credit with a new account open date?  I had something similar with PayPal, and they ended up closing the smartconnect and reporting the Mastercard as a new line.  Does anyone know if the same will happen with Target?

Message 6 of 10
hredder
New Visitor

It will not be a new trade line. The old history of the store target card will move over to this ttrafelon
Message 7 of 10
hredder
New Visitor

Trade line. Silly iPhone autocorrect
Message 8 of 10
LadyVee
Regular Contributor

I just received my Target MasterCard yesterday. Although I won't be using it anytime soon, as a nice surprise it did come with 2% back on gas, dining and travel and 1% back on everything else.

Starting Score: 485 (CK TU)
Current Score: 698 (TU FICO); 685 (EX FICO) 687 (EQ FICO)
Goal Scores: 750 (TU FICO); 750 (EX FICO); 750 (EQ FICO)

Current Cards:
AMEX Gold: NPSL, AMEX BCE: 1000, BARCLAY APPLE: 2000, CITI DC: 2250, CHASE CSP: 7400, CAP1 SAVOR: 12000, CAP1 VENTURE: 10000, CAP1 QS: 6500, CAP1 QS1: 3300,
DISC IT: 1400, MERRICK: 2200, PAYPAL CREDIT: 3000,
US BANK CASH+: 5000, WALMART: 5000, TARGET MC: 4000, ANN TAYLOR: 6000, VS: 6000, EXPRESS: 5000, NY&CO: 4000, SMILE GEN: 1500
Message 9 of 10
jbh
Established Contributor

Congrats. If I may ask, how long have you had the card and was your pattern of payment always PIF? I ask because my wife received one a few months ago for her business and trying to gauge possibilities of this outcome for her (started at $300 limit).

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.