Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target debit to cc?

tag
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target debit to cc?

The CRA reporting provision is likely there in case you mishandle the account.  Say you close the linked bank account or don't have enough funds available to cover a transaction.  You would be subject to returned check fees (as explained in the terms) and you can also take a hit on your credit.

They do not perform a credit check to get the card.  A soft pull did show up on my report and as best I can tell it's simply for identity verification.  I applied by mail about 6 months ago and they must have fat-fingered something during the application process as they sent me a letter saying they couldn't verify my identity.  They requested I send in a copy of my driver's license via mail or fax.  I declined, and later applied in store without any hassle.  I never saw a pull for the first app, but the in-store debit app did result in a soft pull.

I doubt anything you do with the debit card will ever help you get a credit card with them, but I could be wrong.  I have no interest in their credit card personally.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.