Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target offers FREE one year from experian

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: Target offers FREE one year from experience

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I moved into a new apartment 6 years ago, and ordered a Cd/DVD storage cabinet from target.com back then. 

Apparently that was enough for them to send me the offer... Doesn't Target EVER clear out their cache of credit/debit account numbers???

This is kinda rediculous.

My kids have never had any relationship with Target.  They were able to enroll in the free one year protectmyid service from experian no problem.  I think anyone that has a valid email address can sign up free of charge.  

Btw, the orginal Experian report provides much more data including soft pulls.   The Target free offer report contains only HPs.  

On the positive side the target free offer includes free report monitoring where they will send alerts when new accounts are open or when changes are made.  Additionally they include free ID theft insurance and fraud resolution services.  

I prefer the standard Experian report and can get free updates anytime.  For most people they probably don't have a need to know SP inquiries and prefer email alerts on changes without having to manually request report update. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 31 of 53
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Re: Target offers FREE one year from experian

Thanks bro!

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 32 of 53
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

Thanks bro!

Or you can do what I just did five minutes ago.   Sign up for both.  Get the standard report for monitoring SPs and other data.  Get the Target free offer for the auto update alert and ID theft insurance.  You have nothing to lose and another free report to compare to the standard report. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 33 of 53
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if the CS's they sell are actual FICO scores?

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 34 of 53
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

People - Its not a big deal, if you already have a report number from Experian, you can view your updated report any time from Experian website. There is a link on their first page (www.experian.com) as 'View your report again'. You can use the report number to view your updated report anytime. 

I'm trying to find this and I don't see it anywhere. has anyone had any luck getting more than one report?

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 35 of 53
ddk369

It's not a FICO score afaik. It's a PLUS score. 

CCs: Discover IT 5K/Chase Rewards 3K->7.5K/Cap One Journey 2K->8K/AMEX Gold/CITI Corporate 25K
Auto: Ally Bank 6%/60 (07/13)
Scores:
CK/Fico EQ: 600/590s (07/13)
CK 698/EX+ 720/EQ+ 700/TU 710 (04/14)

Goal: FICO ALL 3 700+ (07/14)
Current: EQ 708/TU 710 (06/16)

Message 36 of 53
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@alyssamarie wrote:

@sghosh5 wrote:

People - Its not a big deal, if you already have a report number from Experian, you can view your updated report any time from Experian website. There is a link on their first page (www.experian.com) as 'View your report again'. You can use the report number to view your updated report anytime. 

I'm trying to find this and I don't see it anywhere. has anyone had any luck getting more than one report?

I haven't been able to find any way to update my report and the notifications are extremely slow IF they come at all.  I'm certainly glad this service was free, it is extremely lacking compared to what I get through Equifax.

Message 37 of 53
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

My local news had something about this. I didn't pay close attention because I didn't shop at Target. The one thing I do remember it said do not follow email links but manually type in the address. There are scamers sending false emails with links to steal your information.  I'm just putting it out there so you know.

Very true.  Typing in the address is much better than clicking a link.

I would like to add on this as well.

Many of you may know but for those who do not, heres a very good habit to get into.  And I strongly suggest everyone does this before clicking anything.

It works for email clients, websites or wherever a link may be. 

It's a simple thing really.  Just hover your cursor over the link, and look in the bottom corner of your web browser or email client.

It will show you where its actually taking you before you click it.

As an example, the link we are discussing:

https://creditmonitoring.target.com/

But if you do as I mentioned, you'll see Im directing you elsewhere.  ((It's totally safe. Just an example of what Im talking about))

Just to show things are not always what they seem. 

Got to be cautious these days Smiley Sad

Message 38 of 53
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Deadline is fast approaching to sign up!  I just did for myself and my daughter. We never received email about offer even though we both shopped there during time of breach.  I had one card replaced and emails from another about it.

Just thought I would bump this tread to remind others about the offer.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 39 of 53
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I clicked on OP's address and signed up with my full name and my email address. It told me to wait 72 hrs to receive my activation code...Did this happen to anybody?

Hopefully I was not phished. Smiley Surprised

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.