cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target (or other) apps with supporting docs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target (or other) apps with supporting docs?

I am applying for Target Visa tomorrow.

Because Chase screwed up I have a $4500 balance on a $5k new card (long story about BTs and such) which should not have happened or been reported. Since fixed it and reversed BTs but debt still shows. Takes my util on Efax (which I believe they check here in NYC) from 5% to 16%, and if they somehow check TU from 15% to 48$ (thus slamming score down 30 points!)

Chase said they'd fax me a doc on letterhead confirming new balance. Will this do me any good when applying in person (e.g. give to person to fax in) and or IF approved to send in on recon for higher limit OR if declined? I beleive TU would be 710 plus and Efax would be 740 or higher if they had not reported htis yet or updated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target (or other) apps with supporting docs?

Won't do you any good when applying because they'll only care about what is on your credit report. Why don't you wait until after the balance has been adjusted to $0 when your next statement posts?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Won't do you any good when applying because they'll only care about what is on your credit report. Why don't you wait until after the balance has been adjusted to $0 when your next statement posts?

Well, I had this all timed out. Yes, by the time the next report comes in, this card will be back at $0. However, I have some major payments to make so the other two cards will have $4k added back in. So instead of $5k/$5k and $0k/$3k and $0k/$2k I'll have $1k/$5k, $2k/$3k, $1k/$2k. Same net result, maybe worse depending on how it is scored.

Right now the FACT is I am at $0k on all three so am in a prime situation.

I have heard that in fact you can recon and get approvals and/or CL increases so I would think if I send this along and show the $0k on all three (in fact the other two are neg balances) that it would help with recon...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see where your thought process is. It may be better the way your report is showing now,I don't know.
As for recon, yes, many have had success with recon, but I was just saying that even when you recon they go by what's showing on the report. For example, when I reconned with Chase I was asked what my highest CL was, I told them what it was and they told me less was showing on my report. I told them it had just been increased and I could send them a copy of my online banking showing increase, but they told me they didn't care, they'd only go b what was reported...So that was my way of thinking when I said they would just use your reports...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I see where your thought process is. It may be better the way your report is showing now,I don't know.
As for recon, yes, many have had success with recon, but I was just saying that even when you recon they go by what's showing on the report. For example, when I reconned with Chase I was asked what my highest CL was, I told them what it was and they told me less was showing on my report. I told them it had just been increased and I could send them a copy of my online banking showing increase, but they told me they didn't care, they'd only go b what was reported...So that was my way of thinking when I said they would just use your reports...

Thanks for that. I'm thinking I might find a way to delay paying the $4k I have now somehow until the next billing cycle. That way I'll show $1k on $11k and my TU will go to 10% from 48% and my Efax from 16% to 4%. Then apply.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are able to do that, it will probably be the ideal time to apply...
Good luck either way and this who Chase mix up really sucks.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.