Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target red card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target red card

If I keep using my target debit card will target preselected me for their credit card? I wonder if they monitor usage and pre approve people for their credit card.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target red card

@Anonymous wrote:
If I keep using my target debit card will target preselected me for their credit card? I wonder if they monitor usage and pre approve people for their credit card.

Did you get declined initially for the credit card and that is why you applied for the debit version?

Do you have your current Fico Score?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. They declined me and I wanted the 5 percent off. My tu fico is 548 98 model and 611 04 model.
Message 3 of 12
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

If you get the 5% off with that card just stick with it. I've been stuck at $200 CL since 2008 with eq fico of 740. Most likely you'll never get approved for the card with those scores. Pre-approval offers don't guarantee you'll get it.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping to get my scores up. I recently had a bankruptcy discharged.
Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm hoping to get my scores up. I recently had a bankruptcy discharged.

Oh, how far apart from denial to this discharge? 7 or 13?

If you had all the bad accounts at time of denial on way into BK no they would not approve... but you get the accounts updated $0 balance and Included in BK, you might see a score increase.... I thought I heard they do offer pre-approvals at register to apply or something... I have not heard anyone getting declined after that.

Message 6 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

They do not factor in your debit card usage during review process.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ch 7 was discharged 4 months ago. I just applied for the card last week.
Message 8 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:
If you get the 5% off with that card just stick with it. I've been stuck at $200 CL since 2008 with eq fico of 740. Most likely you'll never get approved for the card with those scores. Pre-approval offers don't guarantee you'll get it.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied in November at the counter and was denied via mail. Letter indicated it was due to my income and info on credit report. Income is mid 100s and current score is 651. Makes no sense.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.