Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target reduced APR... Anyone else?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Target reduced APR... Anyone else?

I'm not sure when, I guess before the new law Target had increased all my APR to 25.9% (I have 4 Target cards).  So far in 2 statements this month they say because of your great payment history with us we have reduced your APR... Get ready.... 22.9%!!

While I am glad I got something, I would have preferred they actually gave me a CLI because of my great history not 3% apr!.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Target reduced APR... Anyone else?

Target reduced APR for my Target Card. The interest rate is still high. I'm sure they reduced APR for my Target Visa. I have to check on that.

Ron.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked. I'm not sure when-- I'll have to go back through the statements to see,  but Target must have reduced my APR, because it's at 20.99%. I recall, maybe late 2009ish, that they'd raised their rates across the board, and I think I recall the APR being in the ballpark of 24% or something like that, up from the 18 or 19% that it started out at, I think. It must not have happened this month, or last month, though, because there are not notices with the online statements.

Message 3 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

i just checked my last statement, & my APR went from 25.24 to 22.9...which, ironically, is where it started.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My statement cut on the 3rd and I also went from 25.24% to 22.90%

I would of been happy with a CLI since I always PIF.

If it wasn't for this post I would of never noticed, Oh well.

Message 5 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

I'm still at 23.24% with a $500 CL.  I've had the card since 10/2000. 

Message 6 of 9
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Mine got lowered as well.  Currently at 17.24% with a limit of $6,000.  It started in March of 2008 with a $3,000 limit.

Message 7 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

When Target saw that I use my card everywhere except for its store they cut my line.  Saving is more important than a credit line to me. 

Message 8 of 9
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

I've had a Target Visa since 2004, a $1000 CL. Last month 23.24 now 20.24. I'll take it. Better than an increase.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.