Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target sucks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Target sucks

My recommendation is to call the back of the card speak with a Rep about a CLI. The best they can do is update your income and place you on a Cli monthly list. Just give it a few, what i did was called to say i wanted to cancel and that's when they approached me with the whole credit line increase option, so i took it. lets see my 30 days are almost here so ill let you guys know in a bit, but again in the mean time call in, its a sp btw.

Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg 1998 and still $200 that makes me want to close it even sooner, I let it report a few times to see but guess that didn't matter I even max it out and paid it after . I did call them and updated them a few weeks ago hoping it would help but I guess they still being stingy with their money lol. I'm gonna SD it for a few more months till I'm out of the garden and apply for what I want and need.

Message 12 of 39
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I gave up and SD'd my target redcard. I upgraded to the Amex version Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 39
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah I rarely use it anymore. Went through all of the motions to request a CLI consideration numerous times, tried maxing it out and PIF. They absolutely do not want to bump me to $500 (or any larger amount). My next lowest is Nordstrom $1000.
Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, this topic is about the Target store card...

I thought this was about Target getting hacked....had two cards get compromised during that...

Message 15 of 39
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

join the club we'll get jackets,  "locked into target credit cards that never grow"  DW shops there every few months, used to be more but their customer service hasn't improved much and there pharmacy staff totally sucks. 

4 years for me,  $200 limit approved 15 days after my AMEX revolver that has grown from a $6k limit to $15k CL, and is long overdue for a CLI, just haven't felt the need other than to pad my UTL. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 16 of 39
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Call CS, update your income and ask to be considered for monthly review for CLI.

I shouldn't have too, if they want updated info, put a luv botton on the site, we will click input desired details. 

they could at least SP my reports every year or so and a compare, they are my lowest CL, my other lines are signacantly higher, my highest CL is $20k chase card, other store cards are all over $2500 and include  Walmart 10k, Amazon store card 5k, Lowes 10k, Kingsize direct 3k.... 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target sucks it's ridiculous how they haven't catch up to other lenders, what can u possibly do with $300 to say, u have to go home and run to pay it back its dumb and the interest it night too if they being to stingy cause of the 5% then don't give it at all and increase those toy limits, I like Walmart better I'm at $5k and only have it for 4 months now  the only bad thing I live in New York there's no Walmart close so I have to shop online which I hate but I'll trade target for Walmart any day. Will be closing it very soon. Ppl should just never apply unless they trying to rebuild or truly like target.

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot possibly need this card for your utilization. Get rid of it. If you want the discount, use the Redcard Debit card, or find out of SM gives you 5% there. 

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I really don't need it for that reason , just wanted to leave it there for a few months since is one of the first card I have since I started to re establish credit again I'm just gonna  SD it or finish closing it sooner that I thought, thanx all for ur interest and watching me blah about this lol u guys are great

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.