Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target upgrade

to anyone else who had the Target upgrade this summer:

Is your credit report showing both tradelines???  I just noticed its on my EX report twice as "open". (I used CCT)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Target upgrade

Still waiting for mine

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not for Target, but I had an issue with my Discover card last summer (someone got my number and tried to buy $1100+ of stuff at Walmart) and Discover sent me a new card.  Both TU and EQ just moved the history over to the new card number and everything smoothly, but EX was showing the old card number as closed with a balance and the new card number with all of the history from opening (so I had a duplicate).

I asked EX to remove the closed old one because it was a duplicate and they did it pretty much overnight.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Experian, it is still showing both tradelines as open. I got the upgrade this summer as well.

Message 4 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not for Target, but I had an issue with my Discover card last summer (someone got my number and tried to buy $1100+ of stuff at Walmart) and Discover sent me a new card.  Both TU and EQ just moved the history over to the new card number and everything smoothly, but EX was showing the old card number as closed with a balance and the new card number with all of the history from opening (so I had a duplicate).

I asked EX to remove the closed old one because it was a duplicate and they did it pretty much overnight.

You should have left the sleeping bear alone. Having them report a duplicate like that is in your favor. Yes the score would have been artificially high but your good history would have been double assuming you had good history. That is why Experian corrected it so quickly without a fuss.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You should have left the sleeping bear alone. Having them report a duplicate like that is in your favor. Yes the score would have been artificially high but your good history would have been double assuming you had good history. That is why Experian corrected it so quickly without a fuss.

It was a 100% positive account, but it was reporting as closed with a balance which was inaccurate (and factoring into my utilization).  Transferred and closed (with a $0 balance) would have been accurate and I wouldn't have touched it.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Hold on a sec....TARGET HAS A MC AGAIN!?????

Message 7 of 10
Pway
Valued Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Yes Target has a MC again.  My mother has one.  The updated accounts over the summer.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Yes Target has a MC again.  My mother has one.  The updated accounts over the summer.

Though not for everybody. Still sitting on a regular store card over here, not that it matters much to me.

Message 9 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

Lord have mercy on our souls!

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.